How to find upcoming Starbucks locations?

17 Replies

I heard Brandon Turner mention in a podcast that discovering where a Starbucks is going to open is a great strategy to identify up and coming neighborhoods. Does anyone know how to find a list of upcoming Starbucks stores? I haven't had luck through 'Googling".

Originally posted by @Michelle St. Claire :

Thanks Matt. However, when I search http://www.loopnet.com, I get the option to view for sale or lease, not new construction. Do you have a specific link?

For sale, more filters, keyword (left).

Then when you look at listings you'll see when the bldg is or going to be built or what. 

By no means efficient or comprehensive list and probably better ways to fine tune it....but it's a start.

Originally posted by @Rachel H. :

@Michelle St. Claire You can always try networking with commercial brokers and real estate agents who specialize in retail development and shopping centers on the selling and renting side. Hope that helps. Good luck!! 

Thanks Rachel. That's a good suggestion. I have only just started making connections and will attend my first MeetUp next week. Appreciate your input. 

Originally posted by @Michelle St. Claire :
Originally posted by @Rachel H.:

@Michelle St. Claire You can always try networking with commercial brokers and real estate agents who specialize in retail development and shopping centers on the selling and renting side. Hope that helps. Good luck!! 

Thanks Rachel. That's a good suggestion. I have only just started making connections and will attend my first MeetUp next week. Appreciate your input. 

Find your market, define your budget, then start looking for deals/networking and doing the market research (starbucks)....

Look up your local Starbucks in the county property appraiser's website. What name is the property under? 

Starbucks is mostly buying/building their real estate now rather than renting it and often use different trade names in different states. (Something like SBUX Ent. of Florida, for example)

Run a name search through the same property appraiser's site and you can see the land they own and where they may build.

If you are in an area where they still rent buildings, simply watch for new construction pockets. Starbucks is switching to an all drive-thru policy. Real easy to spot during construction... especially if the Chipotle sign goes up first on the other side of the building. ;-)