Votes
Daniel Jodrey
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Votes |
Santa Barbara County, Ventura County

Daniel Jodrey
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Posted Oct 17 2018, 13:56
Hello all, I have been in Santa Barbara for roughly 4 months and learning about the market here and nearby. I have no properties at this time but have been taking the proper steps to buy my first. My wife and i have roughly 50k saved and have been researching and learning as much as we can. My overall goal is to buy a duplex or triplex that i am able to owner occupy. I know that there are some benefits for a First time homebuyer as well as owner occupany for loan purposes and other benefits. I just cant see any properties that would make sense with this strategy and i feel like in the end would still have a high mortgage and losing money. Please if anyone in this area can give me some insight. We have looked in Northern Santa Barbara Countu such as Lompoc and Santa Maria as well as southern near Ventura and Oxnard. Prices are much better but the numbers still dont seem to work. We have considered single family house and do a live in flip. Recently i have been researching HUD homes as well as Auction homes and feel like this could be a good Avenue to find something that needs work that we are absolutely ready to do, and have a lower price point. I would love to know anyone in this area that has dabbled in this. I know owner occupant has a big advantage for most HUD homes. Please any local investors give me your stories and feedback. I am ready to jump in this and am very passionate, just want to do it right. Thanks! Daniel

Loading replies...