• Bergen County, NJ
Votes |
So I'm moving to LA, rent or HH?

Mark F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bergen County, NJ
Posted Dec 13 2020, 08:20

Hello BP! 

So I just found out I'm relocating to LA for a job with my SO. I've house hacked two times on the east coast, one in a high COL area, so I have some experience. Not moving until summer/fall of next year but we want to get a jump on housing. Also we will stay about 4 to 5 years and then leave back to the east coast. 

I've done some research on LA, my SO is more familiar with LA than me. I've done quick searches on redfin to see prices and 2-4 units and I see how it could work. Obviously commute is a huge thing and so looks like we're staying anywhere between Culver City and just west of downtown. 

My SO is already sending me townhomes for rent in the 3k range that would work for us. One we found was perfect and had two months rent concession so 2500 for the year which seems too good to be true. 

I'm not sure on what to do. Obviously there's a lot of factors such as our income, location and commute, down-payment etc. I'm trying to keep this as short as possible. Any opening opinions? I'm continuing to research on BP and I know I found an amazing thread or post on BP Facebook group and trying to find it again. Thanks so much!

Loading replies...