Stressing out

8 Replies

Ever since I decided to take on real estate as my vehicle to financial freedom and opportunity, I have been relentless. I have been reading more than ever, listening to podcast, attempting to connect with others and finding ways to fully understand this world. I want to be successful so bad, that I think I may be stressing more than I need to.

Has this happened to anyone when starting out? Funny thing is that I help others on a daily basis manage mental health issues and here I am.

First off, that is great that you help people with mental health issues. I am a big believer in helping others with mental health issues.
I understand where you are coming from. I get very stressed from time to time, but it is a different kind of stress. I actually enjoy it in a weird way because it is something I love. Some things that help though are taking steps of action. Just like the networking you do. Try to make an action plan, don't just read or listen to podcast about RE. Which are both good things to do, but sometimes that stops us from taking action steps.

It's definitely a long and hard road sometimes @Jose Diaz  . It's great that you're helping out other people and unlike myself (it's rather stupid of me) taking note of how you are feeling. Stress is something to be expected when going down this "road less traveled". 

I probably don't know much about this life, but one thing I can predict is that not all days will be sunshine and roses. A lot if us know it, but we don't understand it. Trace your REI endeavors back to your 'why' and motivate yourself again.

“The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself".

~ Plato said that over 2000 some odd years ago. Being able to be honest with oneself is a big component of it. Kudos to you for that! 

Originally posted by @Jose Diaz :
Ever since I decided to take on real estate as my vehicle to financial freedom and opportunity, I have been relentless. I have been reading more than ever, listening to podcast, attempting to connect with others and finding ways to fully understand this world. I want to be successful so bad, that I think I may be stressing more than I need to.

Has this happened to anyone when starting out? Funny thing is that I help others on a daily basis manage mental health issues and here I am.

Jose my full time job is also on a mental health/ behavioral health unit with children & teens. I totally understand where you're coming from. I no longer have favorite TV shows b/c my TV hardly comes on anymore. Im CONSTANTLY on line or reading a book about real estate. Sooo much information to know and learn. Some days I have to take a step back and rest my brain.... Also remember success doesn't come over night, it's a gradual process. However, continue to read, learn and obsorb all that you can. Stay the course and things will work out. Good Luck !

Thanks @John E.  You are all right. I guess need to start focusing my efforts and after I learn and experience enough, expand slowly. I just really want to make this happen. Honestly, I am tired of having limitations regarding finances. I guess some days I should take a step back and take a real deep breathe. Life here we come!

In the beginning, it can definitely be challenging. The important thing is to cater your business to your personality and see what works for you. It will involve a lot of trial and error on your part. Though, in the end you'll be able to see what works and what does not work.This is pretty much my key to success.

Hope that helps, best of luck to you!

Hello there Jose!

I find real estate to be stressful but then I remind myself that I do it because I love being involved with the whole process from fixing houses to renting and I do it for pleasure more then for financial reasons although I do hope it will one day be a profitable financial investment which it has in a small way.

I think we all find real estate to be stressful sometimes but it can also be rewarding.

Good luck and best wishes!

Stressing out to achieve success is good idea but at the same time the necessity to have it in a streamlined and planned manner also makes sense. That is the only reason what ever I feel like stressed, I look out for a support that lessens the stress and manage the things in the right perspective to go ahead with.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here