What kind of car do you drive?

457 Replies

2007 Avalanche. Business in the front...party in the back. Purchased it because it got a brand new motor at 55K miles when the Chevy place neglected to refill the fluids before trying to start it up. :) So....I have a paid off 2007 with about 65K miles on it. I am a RE agent but I will not get swept up in the luxury car stuff. I bring value with my brain...not my car. 

Dang... now I feel bad about getting a USED car last year even at a good price. You folks are saving some  $$$$ with these depreciating vehicles. 

But my Mazda 6 is a solid car that gets me almost 30 MPG in the city, I'll handle the $290 / Mo payment. 

and yes, some ppl are idiots with their high $$$ leases and 2019 fully-loaded cars paying $600+ a month. You should be swimming in money before paying that money, but America is full ppl that consume 1st,  consume 2nd, and invest/save 3rd. :)

Never understood why people want such flashy new vehicles. Autos are just money pits. New car loans and prices are insane. I always buy them with cash used.

I got a old beater 4x4 8' f150

A superduty with utility body 

And a gas saving car

2017 superduty. I pull a trailer almost daily, as well as haul up to 5k lbs in the bed so I have always run diesel trucks. Definitely not the most economical when unloaded but when I'm working, It's efficient. Bought when I was a contractor so the tax benefits were huge. I would not buy this truck without the ability to write off depreciation. That said, loan was cheap, and even with $0 down I was only upside down for 6 months. Didn't pay sticker... Wife's car is a 2012 accord sedan. So boring but probably the best financial decision I ever made, besides my house. Battery, brakes, tires, and wipers in 7 years. Less than $1k(I enjoy turning wrenches). I am $9k out of pocket on the truck over the last 33 months because of the tax benefits when I bought the truck and have $13k in equity on it. 

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here