Indianapolis Real Estate Forum
Account Closed
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Renew Indianapolis Deal?

Account Closed
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Aug 13 2016, 15:40

So I'm looking to enter into real estate investing through wholesaling. My goal is to wholesale to gain "skin in the game" and network with buyers and rehabers to eventually switch to flipping as my main gig. I've started driving for dollars and searching for owners online to reach out to. While searching online I came across renew Indianapolis that is a land bank of a lot of the abandon houses in Indy. The prices they have set on their list of home range from 2-10k and the list has 900+ properties on it.

https://www.renewindianapolis.org/map/search_property/

According to the renew program policies these houses can be bought, renovated and put up for sale or rented. 

So I'm wondering how could I get one of these houses under contract to wholesale? 

On one of the houses from the list I pulled comps around 65k. They have to house listed at 2k and say the closing cost is 800 including title search.  This price is well into the 70% rule for a flipper and I could still make a fee from wholesaling it. The only real problem I see is getting approved for the program as a wholesaler. I can't show the funds of being able to buy and renovate the property needed to be approved. The only thing I could think of is referring a flipper to a certain property to flip and maybe collect a finders fee? I don't know. thoughts?

Loading replies...