• Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Indianapolis Neighborhood Scouting - Driving for Dollars

Jean Zipagan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Mar 16 2020, 04:07

I live an hour away from the house in Indy I just got under contract on my first home. I spent over 5hrs one Sunday trying to learn about the different areas, driving by 32 properties I had bookmarked on Zillow and was surprised at how outdated Google maps street views were. Some properties I already vetoed immediately for house hack potential (as a young female considering living there) based on how rough that street is.  I have been thinking about getting a gopro and walking/driving through class C/D neighborhoods taking videos/photos/observations of the area and talking to neighbors. It helped me immensely and felt more comfortable putting offers down since I knew I had already scouted that street in person (and compared it with Trulia crime map). Indy in particular is a city that varies from street to street but is rapidly gentrifying. Any thoughts/suggestions on what interest would be for a website like this? I am a mechanical/design engineer by day and primarily want to use this as a learning tool for me (for future BRRRRs) and hopefully help out of state investors. Would definitely love to partner in Indy to do this neighborhood scouting :)

Loading replies...