What color would you paint this bathroom (pic attached)

16 Replies

I hate this color that the previous owner painted this bathroom. 

What color would you guys repaint it? If it matters, I am planning to rent it out, not flip.

Golly gee, that blue is dreadful.

Im thinking an almond color

Originally posted by @Ashton Astillero:

SW 7551 or SW 7571

...What he said

I am with @Steve Babiak    on  this one  with the caveat that it should be the same color as the rest of the rooms in the house.     oh and get extra paint  I  am sure  you will need a couple coats.  I did 3 on  similar colors with good paint and it still  was a challenge to cover.

How come everyone here seems to like Sherwin Williams? What if I get the equivalent-color Behr paint from Home Depot?

@Andy Kaye  what are you doing with this house?  Is it going to be a rental? If so, I would paint the whole house one color. A neutral tan like Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige works well. 

If this is your own home or a flip, I would paint it Benjamin Moore Sea Glass just because I'm in love with that color right now. 

Neutral tan/beige but use Kilz primer first.

Originally posted by @Dawn Brenengen:

@Andy Kaye what are you doing with this house?  Is it going to be a rental? If so, I would paint the whole house one color. A neutral tan like Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige works well. 

If this is your own home or a flip, I would paint it Benjamin Moore Sea Glass just because I'm in love with that color right now. 

This house is going to be a rental. Thanks for the input so far everyone

Originally posted by @Andy Kaye:

How come everyone here seems to like Sherwin Williams? What if I get the equivalent-color Behr paint from Home Depot?

I let the painter pick the brand they prefer, as long as they run it past me first.  I have no problem if they use Behr, and the color I posted in the link can be mixed by Home Depot in Behr brand paint; I have had that done before with that color.

The tan linked is a nice color, though it may ultimately look a little bland since the tile and countertop aren't are dissimilar color. I suppose for a rental that may not be the worst thing, since it will be really neutral. 

Whatever color you choose will likely look better than the dark blue.

Please post the after pic when the bathroom is done! :)

Personally ide just touch it up, and leave the bleach on the counter so they know its clean. lol

rental or not...I'd go with tranquil blue by Benjamin moore. It's a great color for bathrooms. 

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I will likely be going with a light beige color.

So how did it come out?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here