Asbestos Baltimore Maryland

4 Replies

I am looking at a potential flip in baltimore maryland

The comps in the area run from about 150k-190k depending on quality of the finishes and the home is available for about 20k

the major concern is that the home has asbestos shingle siding...

Does anyone have any estimates about cost of remediation for that in maryland?

@Andrew Bertram: You should not remediate but coat it with a very secure and thick paint that seals in all the asbestos fibers, which are the source of the problem. Taking down the siding is dangerous for the workers and the community around the property because of the potential for breakage and the release of the fibers into the air.

Sounds like a great deal, BTW. Mind mentioning where it is? 

Good luck,

Nancy Roth

I've used these guys before...they were great:

http://arc-md.com/

Without more info, I couldn't estimate the cost. 

Just from personal experience I have family in Rockville, Maryland and their house has asbestos shingle siding, it is painted over and hasn't been an issue, the majority of homes in the neighborhood also have the asbestos siding. 

Just believe it is ok to leave intact with paint as long as it is not damaged, or vinyl side over.

Originally posted by @Andrew Bertram :

I am looking at a potential flip in baltimore maryland

The comps in the area run from about 150k-190k depending on quality of the finishes and the home is available for about 20k

the major concern is that the home has asbestos shingle siding...

Does anyone have any estimates about cost of remediation for that in maryland?

You can actually get tests done to see if it's the dangerous stuff or not. Think they are about $30 a shot. We're about to get our own home tested, 3 different spots will be tested to see how we approach the problem.

Not all asbestos wants to kill you. But you won't be told that by the remediation companies.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here