• Real Estate Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Votes |
Kitchen layout help?

Ashly B.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Posted Jul 25 2015, 19:04

Rehab newbie here. We started demo on one unit in our new fourplex today. The kitchen alone had 4 different types of cabinets, 2 mismatched counters (that were connected) and once we tore up the first layer of flooring we learned it has FOUR layers of flooring on top of the original hardwoods. 

Anywho, this is our first rehab project. The kitchen is approximately 12x12 with doors on 3 walls and a large window on the 4th wall. Previously the fridge was by the back door with a mobile counter next to it in the corner, stove next to that blocking the window, corner counter connected to the sink. Really hate the stove blocking the window and I'm thinking we could get a 24 inch stove and put it on the same wall as the sink (right side in the photos below) with a small counter between them and then do the fridge in the opposite corner as the stove but I'm unsure what that leaves us for counter space. I suppose I could clean up and keep that butcher block they left behind and place it like an island... but is that really enough prep space to cook a meal? 

On the wall where I'm standing the first couple photos there is a small wall with a pantry next to it (don't mind the mess the previous tenants left behind :( ). Curious what the experts here would do for a layout. How can I avoid blocking the window without just having a weird gap between counters?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Loading replies...