Breaker box in shower!!!

24 Replies

Went to an auction today and just have to share this. The bathroom has the circuit breakers / electrical panel in the shower. Just plain amazing! I can't believe someone showered here everyday. Got to love all the wallpaper and carpet in a bathroom as well. Probably wasn't even a bathroom originally. 

They just need to add an outlet in there too so you can blow dry your hair while taking a shower.  Really cuts down on the morning get-ready time.

Originally posted by @Roy N. :
Originally posted by @Bill Gulley:

The electric inspector was the guy's brother-in-law. :)

 It was a den when the inspector came through.

 Yes, maybe they hooked up the washer and dryer in the living room later turning the utility room into a bath. That, or it's the largest utility sink they could find for a very short owner. :)

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :
Originally posted by @Roy N.:
Originally posted by @Bill Gulley:

The electric inspector was the guy's brother-in-law. :)

 It was a den when the inspector came through.

 Yes, maybe they hooked up the washer and dryer in the living room later turning the utility room into a bath. That, or it's the largest utility sink they could find for a very short owner. :)

We bought a building where the previous owner had put the laundry in the living room in one unit and the kitchen in another.  Side-by-side in both instances and not enclosed in a counter or closet.

Thankfully the other four units had laundry closets with stackable units.

I do apologize to the BP community because I did pass on this gem. The stories I could have told with this one would have been amazing. It was a huge money pit if I ever saw one. It needed new EVERYTHING. I don't have the youth or cash to tackle this monster and I am only 26. Lol. It probably needs maybe 100k in renos easy and it still sold for 51K + 10% buyers premium (5.1k extra) with ARV maybe being 158k!

One auctioneer even asked me personally if I was going to let it go at such a low price and if I was going to bid today. I just pleasantly smiled and said "No, not today." I have a feeling it won't be the last I see of this home though. 

@Glenn McCrorey no problem. The electrical in this place was beyond scary. 

@Kyle J. it would be a time saver. 

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :

The electric inspector was the guy's brother-in-law. :)

 Inspector??? We don't need no stinkin' inspector!

 The guy probably watched a YouTube video on do it yourself plumbing & electrical so he was good to go.

Originally posted by @Roy N. :

We bought a building where the previous owner had put the laundry in the living room in one unit and the kitchen in another.  Side-by-side in both instances and not enclosed in a counter or closet..

We sold an old Cape Cod to a heavy set woman who couldn't do stairs.

She had her son convert the living room into both a laundry & master bedroom. He simply duct taped the plumbing together instead of using PVC cement. The plumbing eventually leaked & kept shorting out both the electrical panel & furnace below. 

Originally posted by @Jim Wilcox:

Went to an auction today and just have to share this. The bathroom has the circuit breakers / electrical panel in the shower. Just plain amazing! I can't believe someone showered here everyday. Got to love all the wallpaper and carpet in a bathroom as well. Probably wasn't even a bathroom originally. 

 especially when the panel ground is probably connected to the existing plumbing!!!

@Jim Wilcox where in Lexington is it located? My wife and I are both from there. I wanted to see if I could buy it ;-P

Totally kidding! But that is tremendous. My philosophy with DIY is just because you think you can, doesn't mean you should.

Originally posted by @Kyle J. :

They just need to add an outlet in there too so you can blow dry your hair while taking a shower.  Really cuts down on the morning get-ready time.

 i also recommend plugging in that toaster. so they can have their morning toast along with a nice shower. i love this post hahaha

Originally posted by @Pat L. :

Originally posted by @Roy N. :

We bought a building where the previous owner had put the laundry in the living room in one unit and the kitchen in another.  Side-by-side in both instances and not enclosed in a counter or closet..

We sold an old Cape Cod to a heavy set woman who couldn't do stairs.

She had her son convert the living room into both a laundry & master bedroom. He simply duct taped the plumbing together instead of using PVC cement. The plumbing eventually leaked & kept shorting out both the electrical panel & furnace below. 

 Should have gone with Gorilla tape instead of duct tape so it wont leak, only a few bucks difference. Tsk tsk.