• Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
​Disaster tiling job

Nat C.
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted Oct 17 2015, 23:11

I hired two professional tilers to tile one of my properties.

Their quote was $500 more than another estimate I received but I felt like they were professionals who I could trust to do a good job.

Indeed they have been reliable and professional in conduct, so I've been satisfied from that perspective. I was going to give them a massive project after this but now I'm hesitant after seeing the shoddy work.

The job is almost done and I've inspected it and it's some of the worst tiling work I've seen.

Firstly there is meant to be a pattern maintained and the pattern has been abandoned. Every second tile is meant to line up however it's completely freestyle.

There are huge gaps in various areas and some tiles are crooked.

I messaged the tilers when I saw this and he said the gaps and crooked tiles were caused from foot traffic by other contractors. I don't know the validity of this claim.

I'm extremely disappointed and upset and I want to rip it up and have it redone properly but I don't have the time or budget for that.

Here are some pictures. Am I being over the top or is this poor workmanship? Do I have any other choice but to simply move on?

Loading replies...