Votes
Travis Tannahill
  • Manhattan, KS
Votes |
See any red flags!? Pictures included - BRRRR

Travis Tannahill
  • Manhattan, KS
Posted Sep 29 2017, 10:55

Found a foreclosure that I'm wanting to put an offer on. I'm taking my contractor to it next week but wanted to get some of your all opinions before I met with him. 

I tried to take pics of anything that would need fixed/replaced. A lot of the fixes look inexpensive... a lot of bandaids put on by previous owner. Roof looks good, house is straight and floors are solid. 1955 built so not too old. And the best part is... it's listed for 50% of county appraisal in an appreciating market. 3 bed/ 2 bath currently. I would convert to a 4 bedroom as there is a room off a bathroom that already has 3 walls in place just need to throw up a 4th. 4 Bedrooms in this market rent for $1200-1400 a month depending on quality. Also the place next door was owned by the same guy and is foreclosed on... should hit the market in 6 months.

Also the real estate agent has a typo on the square footage... it's about 500 sq ft bigger than he has it listed which I think is keeping it under the radar. 

Sand / Re-Stain Hardwoods

Kitchenette area that would be turned into bedroom. Has door to kitchen and another door to bathroom. Biggest worry is the floor which you'll see in a later pic. 

Rip up carpet, replace or restain if hardwoods under. 

Bathroom remodel. Functional but hideous. 

Try to salvage cabinets.... paint and new hardware. New counter tops. White tile is good to stay. Kitchen floor needs re-stained. 

This is a covered patio/sunroom.  Little big of settlings this is the worst spot. 

Exterior needs some love. Paint is peeling. Everything is wood. Hopefully just paint and not replace. 

Same as above. Wood needs some attention

Missing. Needs repaced. 

Water causing some damage. There are no gutters on the porch which was a later addition. Would want to get those. 

This is the porch/ sunroom I was thinking about just knocking all those windows out and making it an open porch or screened in porch. Screens might get damaged by tenants too often... thoughts? Porch is about 500 sq ft. 

Needs replaced. 

This would be the 4th bedroom. Floor needs some attention. 

Same as above. 

Sorry for the sideways pics I don't know how to change that? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance. 

Loading replies...