Real Estate Agent · Akron · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 11 votes
Hello!
If the house market crashed/corrected in the middle of my first BRRRR would I just have to eat the equity loss and surrender hope for a successful appraisal/refinance? The next move would be renting that one out and looking to buy others as their price dropped, right? Am I over estimating how fast values would drop?
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
7y
Yes, however there was roughly 88 years in between the last 2 housing crashes. So we might have a ways to go til the next one. (or not, could also happen tomorrow)
Yeah, I don't think this happens overnight. We'll see signs and more and more people will start to get worried but it doesn't happen within a month's time or even 3-5 months time (as in, suddenly everyone just capitulates, and the supply/demand dynamics suddenly change). If you didn't get yourself into a project that is going to take yourself a year to finish, I wouldn't stress it.
Plus, it's out of your control and it's best to just focus on what's under our control.
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
7y
Yes, however there was roughly 88 years in between the last 2 housing crashes. So we might have a ways to go til the next one. (or not, could also happen tomorrow)