Water pooling on concrete pad question!

2 Replies

Hey Biggerpockets family, 

I'm once again looking to the expertise of the community to help me decide how to tackle a water pooling problem.  Ive got some water pooling on the driveway where the pad has sunken in various places.  I have been looking into solutions and have found conflicting recommendations on the best solution. 

I am curious to know what the community thinks! I have attached a photo of one of the front driveways however I have the same problem on that back patio pad.  I really appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!   - Ray

@Ray Jhala , this seems to be fairly common, and while not ideal, since it does not appear to be pooling at the foundation, I would not spend a dime.  Is it going to deteriorate the concrete slightly faster, possibly, but you are not looking at imminent failure from what I can see in the picture, and likely will not effect resale in the slightest.

Beyond that, you can try to lift it, cut out the trouble spot and re-pour, asphalt over, or completely remove and repour.  But at the end of the day, I am not seeing any reason in the picture that would have me spending money on it.

Originally posted by @Evan Polaski :

@Ray Jhala, this seems to be fairly common, and while not ideal, since it does not appear to be pooling at the foundation, I would not spend a dime.  Is it going to deteriorate the concrete slightly faster, possibly, but you are not looking at imminent failure from what I can see in the picture, and likely will not effect resale in the slightest.

Beyond that, you can try to lift it, cut out the trouble spot and re-pour, asphalt over, or completely remove and repour.  But at the end of the day, I am not seeing any reason in the picture that would have me spending money on it.

Hey Evan, thanks so much for the feedback. I find myself falling into the trap of wanting to perfect and fix everything so I appreciate the advice. This is a buy and hold property for me that I will be renting close to the upper end of market rents for the area. Do you think this will be a significant hinderance in retaining tenants?