• Rental Property Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
Expand existing bathroom or leave as is

Bryan M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Posted Nov 30 2020, 07:30

I'm working on designing my next project and need some advice on the configuration. It is currently a 4/2 Cape Cod style home built in the 1940's. There are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on the main level and 2 bedrooms and a bath on the upper level. The main level bath is adjacent to the smaller of the 2 bedrooms. The bathroom is VERY small. Barely enough room to turn around with a small vanity that only allows for a sink. The bathroom on the upper level is also very small and due to the roof line you are not able to have a shower, only a tub. 

This project is a flip so I'm looking for marketability and top dollar. What's your opinion on blowing out the wall between the 2 bedrooms on the main level and making one large master suite with a decent size bathroom? I'm also looking for a way to bring the laundry from the basement to the main level. This bathroom could also have laundry. 

The basement is unfinished and could potentially be semi finished by adding a bedroom but now we are pushing the budget too far I think.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Loading replies...