Beginner real estate investor meet up

17 Replies

Hey everyone,

My name is Raphael Collazo and I'm a new real estate investor living in the Louisville area. I made my first investment on November 2018 (house hacking a 4-plex) and I'm excited about doing more deals in the coming months. I created this post to gauge people's interest in organizing a meet up for new/aspiring real estate investors in the area. If you feel this would be something you'd be interested in, I'd love to hear from you. Looking forward to connecting with you all!

All the best,

Raphael

Hello Raphael, we have an awesome investor network here in Louisville. There is a standing meeting Wednesday at 12:00 at Wildwood Country Club. KREIA has nearly two events a week. Harry Borders and Surepoint hold a quarterly meeting as well. I'd be happy to introduce you to people. 

Hey Rob!

I attended the monthly KREIA meeting last month and plan on attending again this month. I'd definitely be interested in meeting other real estate investors. 

Raphael

Hey Guys,

I'm interested in meeting or at least discussing some Louisville options.....I live in Bardstown which is an hour south but definitely open to options.  I also work a full time job so not sure about meeting at a noon time setting.  Looking  forward to the possibilities.....Jeff Downs

Hello Everyone!

I live in Jeffersonville, IN. However, I'm a truck driver and I am only available on weekends. So it is difficult to find events or meet ups.

I am not a REIA member but I am going to their QuickBooks class in March. But hopefully your post will gain traction and we can have a Bigger Pockets Louisville meet up!

Thanks for posting!

Hey @Jeff Downs and @Chris Felts !

I’d like to establish a recurring meet up that meets sometime on the weekends. I feel as though that would work best for full time professionals who are looking to get into real estate. Let me know if that works for you guys. 

Raphael 

That Sounds great! I look forward to it!

Let's give it a try. We can meet and at least talk.....see what we can figure out.

Investor luncheon coming up on March 7th put on by SurePoint Equity and Harry Borders.

My name is Tom Vessels and I am relatively new to real estate investing.  I would like to join your group, either for lunch or on the week end.  My interest is in passive income and wholesaling.

Hey Tom,

We’re going to tour a venue next week to see if it would be a good meeting space. I’ll keep you posted on the progress!

Raphael 

This post has been removed.

Hey everyone,

We've secured a space! I've posted the details for the event in the BP "Real Estate Events and Happenings" section. I've provided the link here:

Event Link

Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you all at the event!

Hey guys, I'm a new investor as well and I live in San Diego.  I currently have my first deal under contract, its a 5 unit in Old Louisville.  I will be back out there March 18-20 for inspections.  I would like to set up a casual meet up for happy hour on either the 18th or 19th if anyone is interested.  I am looking to connect and make new friends with other investors in the area...let me know if anyone is interested! 

Hey everyone!

We had a great turn out last night! It was awesome meeting everyone who came out and I'm excited for the future of the meetup group. If you weren't able to make it this time around, be sure to stop by next time! I'll keep you all posted on the date for our next event.

All the best,

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here