• Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Offer on Baltimore Property

Raymond Hunce
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jun 11 2016, 07:23

Hello BP Community,

My partner and I put in an offer on a 2 bed, 1 bath single family attached rowhome in Baltimore about 10 or so days ago. This is our first offer ever. We still haven't received a reply on whether the seller is interested in our offer or has a counter offer. Our real estate agent has reached out multiple times and when she does get through, she essentially gets told that we have to continue waiting in the dark. This seems a bit ridiculous and extremely inefficient. We are sitting on our hands for over 10 days, twiddling our thumbs since we only have so much money to start with and we don't want to get caught putting out two offers at once, getting both accepted, and then not being able to finance both in time. This is our first offer so we don't know what's typical. Could anybody let me know if this is typical, what the average time is between putting an offer on the table and getting an answer (or what's reasonable), and what are some ways to make the offering process far more efficient than it is for us right now? Thanks a ton. These forums have already been extremely helpful for me.   

Loading replies...