Skip to content
Boston Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Willie Mandrell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Networking Group Recognized by Boston Mayor!

Willie Mandrell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Nov 26 2019, 06:28

I started my own networking group on a whim -- I was looking to meet like-minded individuals who wanted to substantially grow their wealth via real estate investing. Boston is a hot market for Real Estate and absolutely everyone has access. 

I planned my first event for January 30, 2013. 24 people RSVP'd. Some I knew, some I didn't. We had presenters lined up, an event location, and were all ready to talk real estate (deals, financing, landlording, etc.).

Now, we have over 2,100 active members and have an upcoming event the first week in December with over 300 RSVPs. 

On October 26th, I was a guest speaker at an event and was surprised by a dear friend. She publicly presented me with a Special Recognition from Boston's Mayor Marty Walsh for our networking group and the work we do to help bridge the wealth gap. Running this group is hard, but I've never been more proud. Networking is not a thing of the past. Networking is how we build our relationships, get our name out there, ask our questions of people we wouldn't normally have access to or the attention of, find new ways to achieve our goals, etc. Now get out there!  

Loading replies...