Getting Started Tax Lien Investing

1 Reply

Does anyone know how I can get some reliable, trustworthy information on getting started in tax lien investing without paying an arm and a leg for it? There is free information out there about tax lien investing, but none that gets into the down-and-dirty, hands-on, nitty-gritty of tax lien investing.

I'm not saying I'm afraid of investing in my education because I'm not. But come on, seriously, I may be a beginner, but I've studied enough to know I don't need to buy some $1500 course just to get my foot in the door of tax lien investing!

I live in Chicago, if that helps. Anyone who can direct me to where I can get this information will be greatly appreciated!

Look up the process on the tax assessor or equivalent's website, and the county/state laws related to it. I can tell you from experience (shaking head in embarrassment) that you can easily find for free what a "guru" would charge you. Then again, that's how I found BP, so I can't complain :-P Tax liens are really all about the law, though, so it's actually a lot easier to find information than some other types of investments. Good luck and happy investing!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here