First time note buyer... need advice

11 Replies

I heard a talk on note buyer and have been doing some reading/researching.  Sounds like something that's congruent with me personally and can be lucrative, but there's a lot I know I don't know. 

Anyone out there making boat loads of money doing this?  Looking for any advice/help you're willing to offer.  

Thx!

Richard -

Check out Note Expo coming up this Friday and Saturday in Dallas - if you can get there it will be meaningful.  Also another learning resource is Note School.  They provide lots of resources.  

Verna

Search WECloseNotes.com and/or Scott Carson on YouTube and Vimeo and the internet in general.

Scott is one of my mentors. (although I am far from his most successful protege.....not his fault, my fault...) That said, I’ve completed three npn deals successfully with embarrassingly good returns.

Scott gives massive value, much of it for free.  He just finished a Note Camp and will host a Note Buying For Dummies soon.  

I hope this is helpful.

Search WECloseNotes.com and/or Scott Carson on YouTube and Vimeo and the internet in general.

Scott is one of my mentors. (although I am far from his most successful protege.....not his fault, my fault...) That said, I’ve completed three npn deals successfully with embarrassingly good returns.

Scott gives massive value, much of it for free.  He just finished a Note Camp and will host a Note Buying For Dummies soon.  

I hope this is helpful.

Hey @Richard Galdieri , just want to add my vote for Scott Carson. I started with him just over a year ago and I have a pretty substantial note portfolio at this point - some in my IRA and several with JV investors. I've done a lot of analysis on the returns of my portfolio, how much I make per month for every $1000 I invest - that sort of thing. I'd be happy to discuss if you're interested. I've also done an analysis of what it takes to get to $10K/month passive income from notes, as that seems to be many peoples' initial goal.

Gail

@Richard Galdieri I second @Scott Carson as well. He has no B.S. information and provides the tools and a plan on how to get into notes. If you want feel free to send me a private message and I would be happy to spend some time on a phone call to discuss where to start

Hello, @Gail Greenberg and @Chris Seveney, I'm in the same boat as Richard, and would love to get the same information, if possible.

I am currently working through the Note Investing Academy course, and will be attending Note Expo this weekend. I hope to meet some of you note investors there!

@Gail Greenberg and @Chris Seveney , I'm in the same boat as Richard, and would love to get the same information, if possible.

I am currently working through the Note Investing Academy course, and will be attending Note Expo this weekend. I hope to meet some of you note investors there!

@Richard Galdieri , if you haven't already, you might want to check out the Note MBA podcast. One of the hosts, Chase Thompson, is one of the teachers(?) in the Note Investing Academy course. Also, @Dave Van Horn has a free ebook on his website, and there is a lot of free (and paid) content on papersourceuniversity.com

Good luck!

@Richard Galdieri are you looking to invest actively in notes or passively in notes? Of course there are ways of making higher returns by investing actively but some people are satisfied making 11-12% on notes passively. What are you looking to do?

I see a lot of good information on this thread. I'm currently mulling between Note Investing vs Multifamilies. I wanted to thank @Chris seveney (who actually spoke on the phone with me for almost an hour). I've heard great things about Scott Carson and have been looking more detailed into his program. Any further help from anyone would be much appreciated. I've sent some of you, Pms already lol.

@Shiloh Lundahl

I'd like to be more active initially with the goal of turning my capital over relatively quickly and then reinvesting the profits so that I can build an equity position large enough to generate my passive income goal.

Just shoot me a PM for more info....

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.