Delinquent Taxes Columbus Ohio

6 Replies

Has anyone had success in marketing to a delinquent tax list specifically in Columbus Ohio?    I have a large list of quality data but just from chatting with other investors, they seem to think it is not worth the time, effort, and money.   Any opinions would greatly be appreciated!   I have a list of 17,000+ addresses with delinquent taxes in Franklin county and will work to narrow that data down to focus on homes with equity in the hopes that I can find a good property to flip or buy and hold.   My marketing approach would be direct mail  and cold calling.   I can also offer sellers the option to list their home on the market as an agent.  Thank you!

@Michael Hamby I can't speak to your market specifically but would think this is a list of potentially motivated sellers. You should get some replies this targeted audience.

If you can trim down your list as you mentioned this should be time well spent.

I did this and had someone give me a perfectly good (needed some TLC) house that I just had to go pay the taxes on.

You could flip some of these and wholesale off the ones you don't want.

@John Underwood That helps a lot to give some confidence to put in the work!   Thanks!

@Michael Hamby that list could be a nice asset if you could find sellers in niche neighborhoods. DM me sometime and we can discuss what you have in my target areas.

Originally posted by @Kevin Noesner :

Michael Hamby that list could be a nice asset if you could find sellers in niche neighborhoods. DM me sometime and we can discuss what you have in my target areas.

Thanks for reaching out Kevin I sure will!

@Michael Hamby Franklin county Ohio is one of the counties that sells in bulk to a large investor.  They will usually post the person who got it and how much it cost.  One year a gentleman purchased all of them for 6.5 million dollars.  If they are purchased for pennies on the dollar they can be a great deal.  

HI Josh,  Thanks for the response!    

Originally posted by @Josh Carr :

@Michael Hamby Franklin county Ohio is one of the counties that sells in bulk to a large investor.  They will usually post the person who got it and how much it cost.  One year a gentleman purchased all of them for 6.5 million dollars.  If they are purchased for pennies on the dollar they can be a great deal.  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.