Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes
Mary Taylor
Votes |
Code Enforcement Violations

Mary Taylor
Posted Mar 16 2020, 17:01

I recently purchased a tax certificate from Mobile County. A few days ago, I received a notice from the City of Mobile Municipal Code Enforcement Department addressed with the previous owner's name with my address.

This letter was a "Violation Notice" which indicates several violations. How do I handle this?

When. first acquired the certificate earlier this year, I sent a notice to the owner/address accessed on the certificate and to the property address via delivery confirmation and the letters were returned to me. In the letter were also pictures of the property evidently showing the debris violations.  (See Attachment For Letter And Debris At Address)

I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to have to pay any fees; there is a family living there or squatting there. I say that because if they were the owner, I'm thinking they would have contacted me and tried to redeem their property. Or if there was a paying tenant, they would have contacted the owner to let them know so their tenancy won't be disturbed. 

If any has experienced this in Mobile County, or who have experienced this at all, please let me know what the next step is. The letter gives until March 20th to have this corrected.  

Loading replies...