Eric S.
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Future Charlotte Resident

Eric S.
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Mar 29 2019, 10:16

Hi All,

I plan on moving to Charlotte early next year and wanted to get some neighborhood suggestions from everyone. My plan is to move down there and either rent for a year or buy a place that can be rented out until we get a better idea of where exactly we want to live. Obviously, Southend and NoDa are awesome neighborhoods, but there is very little, if anything, that would make sense from an investment standpoint. Not sure if there is something there that if we lived in it for a few years would eventually make sense (opinions?). I'd also consider buying a place before I move down and maybe AirBnB it until we move.

I'd like a place near the light rail, since odds are I'll be working down there when I move and I'm sure renters would also appreciate that. Surprisingly, the light rail actually expands pretty far south of Charlotte's downtown, so are there any neighborhoods within walking distance of a light rail stop that are better investments? Checking out Zillow I see some places in Starmount and Montclaire South, are these nice neighborhoods?

I'm also interested in any recommended realtors who know the area well and could help direct us.

Budget would be something like 40-50k down.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Loading replies...