• Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Still looking for that first deal.

Christopher Blanco
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Feb 10 2017, 07:16

I am really trying to stay positive but I feel like I have been spinning my wheels for the last 3-4 mos. I have evaluated 100s of properties , toured and budgeted well over 50 properties, put offers on on 7 or 8. Each offer was either beat out or ignored. I thought I had a house in Shaker this week and got beat out last minute by an all cash offer, even though mine was more. On the rental side finding houses that cash flow with high property taxes is next to impossible. 

I am marketing to Probate cases as well. I developed a program that will pull names and addresses in my target area. I got 3 responses from my first mailing: 1 angry person, 1 nice person but wanted off my list, and 1 apartment that slipped through my screening. :( I know it takes longer, but I was hoping for at least 1 lead on a 130 letters. 

I am on several buyer lists, but most of the wholesaling offers I have received are WAY high on ARV and way low on renovation.

I just feel frustrated. I have a lot of passion, I feel like I have a lot of knowledge. I have a contractor a realtor and 5 or six lenders ready to go, I just feel like I am missing something! Any thoughts or ideas?

Loading replies...