Concrete or asphalt referrals?

8 Replies

I am looking for concrete and asphalt referrals. I have used many guys in the past but looking for better pricing

For asphalt I need 3 driveway overlays - about 4000 sq ft between all 3. What price per square foot should I expect?

For concrete - I need 1 driveway and a lot of misc stuff like sidewalks and walk ways - about 3200 sq ft in all.

Any suggestions in the Cleveland market are appreciated. 

Originally posted by @Adam Craig :

I am looking for concrete and asphalt referrals. I have used many guys in the past but looking for better pricing

For asphalt I need 3 driveway overlays - about 4000 sq ft between all 3. What price per square foot should I expect?

For concrete - I need 1 driveway and a lot of misc stuff like sidewalks and walk ways - about 3200 sq ft in all.

Seeing as you've already been through many guys I wouldn't put to much time into thinking there is better pricing out there. In my experience you ask 10 concrete guys to quote something they are all coming in within throwing distance of each other.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633
Originally posted by @James Wise :
Originally posted by @Adam Craig:

Seeing as you've already been through many guys I wouldn't put to much time into thinking there is better pricing out there. In my experience you ask 10 concrete guys to quote something they are all coming in within throwing distance of each other.

I hear ya - the problem I run into is I call guys and they give me a price per square foot which they honor initially. But they never stick to there pricing as things get busier or they get more comfortable and try to make more money off me.

I want a guy who give me a price for X amount of square feet and can always give me that price.

Originally posted by @James Wise:

I hear ya - the problem I run into is I call guys and they give me a price per square foot which they honor initially. But they never stick to there pricing as things get busier or they get more comfortable and try to make more money off me.

I want a guy who give me a price for X amount of square feet and can always give me that price.

They doing this to you on similar sized jobs? Price will go up if you got a short load on your hands.

216-661-6633
Originally posted by @James Wise :

They doing this to you on similar sized jobs? Price will go up if you got a short load on your hands.

Yes I understand that but I still feel like my last guy was gouging on the small stuff. What is a price per sq/ft  should I expect to pay for sidewalk blocks getting redone or a walkway?

I figure a decent sized driveway should be around 5/sq ft for concrete?

Yes I understand that but I still feel like my last guy was gouging on the small stuff. What is a price per sq/ft  should I expect to pay for sidewalk blocks getting redone or a walkway?

I figure a decent sized driveway should be around 5/sq ft for concrete?

$5 is pretty optimistic. I don't even always get $5 from subs & i've got 100's of driveways. Most concrete guys are busy man. They gotta pay for 12 months of living expenses but only have about 8 months to pack in the income. If you are paying under $7 you are doing ok.

216-661-6633

Adam give me a holler. I own a Concrete Construction company based on the East Side of Cleveland. About a guy giving you X amount per sqft isn't very feasible due to variables in tear out costs, labor, access points for removing/repouring the concrete.  Every job has its different challenges that needs priced accordingly. 

I've had a good experience with Holland Paving

http://www.hollandpaving.com/

@Adam Craig The cost per square foot in a smaller job will always be higher because overhead costs don’t change. The more volume (square feet) a contractor has to spread those costs out, the lower they price per unit can get. Insurance, taxes, town registration/permit/inspection fees don’t go down because the job is small. Understand your frustration, but basic math can explain the difference. That said, some dudes just try to get over on people. I’ve got a good concrete/masonry guy but I keep him pretty busy.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.