Estimates for insurance and sewer water garbage

6 Replies

Can anyone provide some estimates for single family houses? I am looking for typical insurance and sewer+ water and garbage costs? I know theres no way to know the true cost, but can you share what you typically pay or what you are paying?

In Cleveland Heights I got a separate invoice from the City of Cleveland Heights Utilities Department, for trash. This year it was $216. It is a duplex, not sure of it varies for a SFH.

Insurance is going to depend on many factors, including the age of your home and purchase price.  I would suggest reaching out to an agent to get a preliminary quote so you have a baseline. Guessing would be an extremely hard exercise.

Water + Sewer + Garbage are typically all included in one, and may depend on your location. With a SFH with washer, dryer, and dishwasher included you could be looking at around $50 for Water and $50 for Sewer conservatively. More amenities that require water will significantly increase your tenants water usage. Without those you might be more down in the $25-30/month for each conservatively.

Regardless, my rule of thumb is to use slightly higher estimates like the ones above because it allows you to observe a worst case return and allows you to determine whether the lowest is something you want to pursue. Any costs that come in shorter than what you expected simply provide you with a better return.

Wow that's good to know Miguel!  Never had a Trash bill in West Cle!  This is likely grouped with another bill as we have many!

Originally posted by @Miguel Nava :

In Cleveland Heights I got a separate invoice from the City of Cleveland Heights Utilities Department, for trash. This year it was $216. It is a duplex, not sure of it varies for a SFH.