• Rental Property Investor
  • Lakewood, OH
Votes |
Help me making this deal happen - down payment options

Brian Boodoosingh
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lakewood, OH
Posted Apr 16 2021, 11:52

I'm currently looking at a buy-and-hold Triplex on the east side for around 150K that I'm hoping to put an offer on before it gets scooped up in this wild market.

Conservatively speaking, it'd likely cashflow ~ $500-600 a month after budgeting for PITI, repairs, maintenance, PM and water with minor upgrades. Not a home run but a solid second deal. I've spoken to some conventional lenders and I want to avoid shelling out 40-45K cash to close with 25% down, which is essentially all of my liquid cash and would kill momentum to purchase other deals in the short term. I'd be more comfortable putting down in the 20K range so I can renovate over time out of pocket as the units turn and have room for reserves as well.

I've spoken to some Private Money Lenders, but because this isn't quite a BRRR and isn't quite conventional, I'm getting mixed results.

What are my options? Really only need like 20-25K assistance for the down payment and everything ideally is as close to a 30-year fixed as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...