Cincinnati Neighborhoods

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 17 votes
10y
Sterling. I grew up in Cincinnati and still visit often. The Cincy area is a lot like Indy in that areas can change quickly. I would gather some info and make a plan to take a road trip. Check some places in over the rhine. It's a mix of mass ave area and the fountain square area. Also look across the river in Newport Kentucky.
See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Adam Curry Hi Adam, I'd be interested in seeing your report on Madisonville.  Are you still willing to share it? 

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I own a commercial property in Madisonville, purchased in 2014, at the time seemed pretty bad. It has actually worked out quite well so far, and I am looking forward to getting into some residential rentals. I'm in the area nearly every day, and attend the local business owners meet-ups. I can say it has improved significantly in the time I've been there, especially the last nine months or so. Prices have been going up quickly, and opportunities less frequent. Does anyone currently own residential rentals in Madisonville, and how are your recent experiences with regard to turnover and crime related expenses?   

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 208 posts · 157 votes
    9y

    I just bought a two family in Clifton.. near mecklenbourg gardens... with the MLK exchange/kroger/hospitals/ShortVine and UC's ever increasing student population I'm trying to continue in this area. I have 2 family(1b1b and 4b2b) I was able to increase rents from $700--$900 and $1200-$1700 just due to the prior owner not really keeping up with the market. I'm also currently looking at a few in Northside which I believe is kind of a sleeping giant.... there is still plenty of stock beautiful home... RENO will be needed... but every street has multiple homes being renovated... anything within a mile or two of Hamilton Ave. Walnut Hills can still have great deals....Covington, Newport, and Ludlow KY all have tremendous opportunities as well... with Amazon adding 500 full time high paying jobs as well as 2000 other part time jobs with their global transportation hub at CVG... i really like northern ky. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 318 posts · 307 votes
    9y

    Hello Cincy BPers,

    Any new updates to this topic? Very interested in Cincy. Happy to hear what 2017 has done locally.

    thanks,

  • Investor · Hamilton, OH · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Lots of talk here about Madisonville, so here's another person's opinion as of (9/14/17)

    Buy and hold - not worth it (someone mentioned surrounding areas being more desirable, i.e. Oakley), but more so because the fix and flip market is OUT OF THIS WORLD in Madisonville right now.  Properties are being bought for $60k, $30k reno and selling for just shy of $200k.

    Another opinion - if you are an investor who doesn't invest where he doesn't feel safe or wouldn't himself live, stay very far away from anything Price Hill.

  • John CasmonPro Member
    Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Daniel O'Toole Know your post is from a couple months back, but for those who have no desire to flip, I take this as a sign that Madisonville is in the path of progress and may be ideal for buy and hold, especially for those looking to employ a BRRR strategy.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 208 posts · 157 votes
    8y

    Madisonville has been “up and coming” for the last 20 years... mostly because it’s vicinity to some Class A neighborhoods— The commercial district there remains untapped— not saying it’s not ripe for gentrification, but nothing has changed in a good long while. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.