• Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Norristown: The hidden gem? A discussion

Nick Scullin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jun 8 2021, 18:05

Hey everyone! I'll try and keep it short. I've been looking more into Norristown lately as a place to invest and potentially start with my first house hack. The prices are much better and there is a larger amount of multifamily homes. And the location is great....but we all know the elephant in the room that I promise I'm not overlooking. Norristown obviously gets a bad rap for being laced with crime and being an overall bad area. Friends think you're crazy when you mention living there.

My question is, is it really that bad still? Or is there a LOT of potential here?? Everything surrounding it, such as KOP, Plymouth Meeting, Blue Bell, and Conshy are great and desirable areas. Will gentrification take over and find this area as "the place to be" in 10 years? I'm not sure. I know of a couple people who live there who say that it isn't nearly as bad anymore and most people make it seem worse than it is.

Just want the opinions of other investors and agents (or residents) on the topic! Comment your thoughts or shot me a message!

Loading replies...