Building a team in Knoxville

17 Replies | Knoxville, Tennessee

Hello everyone! I'm wanting to get involved in the Knoxville area, and I'm looking for recommendations for any investor friendly R.E. Agents, lenders, property management companies, contractors, etc. Specifically hoping to get into buy and hold/BRRRR with small multi families being the main focus.

I'm currently in the "sharpening my axe" phase and trying to get all of my ducks in a row before I invest. 

I've got family in the area and went to school at UT, but I would love to hear any recommendations from the BP community!

Respectfully, 

John Pearl

I'd be glad to help you with BRRR on the front end financing. We are doing a ton of those in Knoxville right now!

As far as getting your ducks in a row...The best thing to do is jump in head first, then figure it out later. Don’t worry about details right now...all of the nuances can be worked out with one simple phone call. The most important thing is finding a great deal, and 100% of efforts should be focused there!

PM me and I’ll send you a link to some Knoxville wholesale deals. 

Yea don't worry about details, just give me your money. Good lord.

What specifically are you looking for? Do you know where in knox to look?

I've had good experiences with Joey English at Trotta Montgomery Real Estate, and David Conner at Foothills Bank & Trust in Maryville for portfolio loans.

Zero luck with property management companies. I ended up hiring a former tenant who took exceptional care of a rental as a manager. Best decision ever.

You won't have any trouble finding quality contractors. 

Originally posted by @David Morgan :

I've had good experiences with Joey English at Trotta Montgomery Real Estate, and David Conner at Foothills Bank & Trust in Maryville for portfolio loans.

Zero luck with property management companies. I ended up hiring a former tenant who took exceptional care of a rental as a manager. Best decision ever.

You won't have any trouble finding quality contractors. 

"You wont have any trouble finding quality contractors" 

Haha said nobody ever. I am a licensed GC and it's not easy for me to get subs on some stuff. Almost every builder and even sub I know is having trouble finding people to get stuff done. There is more work than people right now. 

Sounds like you've had good luck though. That's awesome but don't think it is the norm. 

Luck may well be a factor. Also growing up here and knowing a lot of people. I've got my list of "go tos" and a list of "heard abouts" and you're right -- everyone seems extremely busy. Often have to wait a few weeks to get things going. 

@Will G. - I am specifically looking for Small Multi Family units, but not opposed to SFRs.. I'm looking for something distressed that I can have fixed up in order to turnover some decent cash flow. I spent about 6 years in Knoxville while attending UT, and my wife was born and raised there. I have a pretty good feel for the area in general, but kind of lost from an investing stand point. 

@David Morgan Thanks for the recommendations! I will look into them. 

@Tae C. Thanks! Will do.

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

Anyone in and around Knoxville is welcome to come to the lastest BP meetup were having at Shultz Brau 6/24 @7pm. It will be a great place to recruit new members for your team!

@David Morgan born and raised here myself. I hope it didn't come across *** rude. Finding good people just hasn't been easy from my experience. At least not across the board. 

@Levi Graziano do you guys have an email list or anything? I'd definitely like to come out and meet everyone. 

Updated about 3 years ago

Not sure why it has ***, I didn't use any curse or negative words there