Skip trace + DNC Scrubbing

17 Replies

@Amanda Galindo It depends on your definition of skip trace. Do you have the homeowner contact info with their mailing address and you want to add the phone? or a list of property addresses that you want to find the owner info? Those are 2 different services that get called the same thing.

I have the property address, home owner name & mailing address so i would just be needing to add their ph number + hopefully scrub for the DNC list at the same time to make sure we are not calling anyone who registered to not be called. 

Originally posted by @May Emery :

@Amanda Galindo It depends on your definition of skip trace. Do you have the homeowner contact info with their mailing address and you want to add the phone? or a list of property addresses that you want to find the owner info? Those are 2 different services that get called the same thing.

Originally posted by @Guy-Michel Coffi :

@Amanda Galindo I have the same question. I found this website www.searchbug.com
and I will give them a try with a small list and see what they are about.

I tired Search Bug with a list of confirmed successful numbers i have, and they gave me all bad numbers. Let me know how it works with you, I tired the regular append maybe should try the "premium" version.

I tested 5-6 people on Fiverr who claimed to have access to Lexis Nexis, TLO and such skip tracing tools. Gave them a name to trace and checked the phone numbers they delivered against the numbers from my own access. All of them swore to me they had access to the real system. NONE of them had the phone numbers right, even the best rated sellers. I guess people who buy from them  don't have a way to check what they get against the real thing.

I did find a provider on UpWork who had the exact thing I wanted. For $1.50 per name they pulled the exact data I asked for. I like to collect quite a bit of data on owners (family members, alternative addresses, deceased info, BKs and judgements, etc.) when I skip trace. They had it all, and it was the same as in my own DB.

When you need 100+ of these or even a few hundreds, it could take hours and hours to DIY. So for $1.50 per name the service was certainly well worth the cost. However, there was no DNC data there, so this may have to be done separately.

@Amanda Galindo I have been using REISkip for the past few months with a fairly good amount of success. Sometimes I get a hold of a family member who knows the person I am attempting to contact - which is my book is a win!

Hi All – Just updating here, what I ended up doing. Never could not find a service that gave me as good of skips while still scrubbing for DNC.

I use someone off UpWork to run Skips – usually 1.50 per lead and have about a 60% success rate and easy format which is the big thing for me compared to other services I tried I was spending too much time trying to format for the skips or after and was just not worth it. I also use someone on Upwork to run through my list and mark the DNC numbers. Not sure what service he uses but have done a few test numbers from him and looks good.

Long story short I guess – Upwork peeps are able to do it for O-K cost – and I don’t have to spend hours on it.

Originally posted by@Alex G. :

I tested 5-6 people on Fiverr who claimed to have access to Lexis Nexis, TLO and such skip tracing tools. Gave them a name to trace and checked the phone numbers they delivered against the numbers from my own access. All of them swore to me they had access to the real system. NONE of them had the phone numbers right, even the best rated sellers. I guess people who buy from them  don't have a way to check what they get against the real thing.

I did find a provider on UpWork who had the exact thing I wanted. For $1.50 per name they pulled the exact data I asked for. I like to collect quite a bit of data on owners (family members, alternative addresses, deceased info, BKs and judgements, etc.) when I skip trace. They had it all, and it was the same as in my own DB.

When you need 100+ of these or even a few hundreds, it could take hours and hours to DIY. So for $1.50 per name the service was certainly well worth the cost. However, there was no DNC data there, so this may have to be done separately.

Hi Alex!  Would you be willing to recommend/refer me to the specific provider on UpWork that you found and were happy with?  I'd be interested in trying out their services...sounds like a great deal!

Thanks!

Hey guys, I think you may be over estimating skip tracing in general. Even the top batch services like Batchskip and REIskip use credit data which has 'suggested / probable' numbers. TLO is super expensive for individual searches and is still only 50-70% accurate. There is no service that can get you the right number every time. And, when you put that into a calling system, still only expect an 8-12% response rate unless you have a small niche list. I have an in-house skip tracer and we run about 89-92% similarity to Batchskip and REIskip and it only costs us 8-10c per record. If anyone wants to give our algorithm a go, feel free to reach out. My business isn't a skip tracing business and not trying to make a lot of money from it, but I would be happy to help if you're having trouble with other services!

Also, for the DNC - sign up for a DNC SANS account and you get two counties DNC list for free I think! Once you have that you can easily scrub against DNC in the spreadsheet or just add them to the DNC in your dialer / texter so you don't ever have to scrub again. Hope this helps.

Hello BP. We recently found the DNC project (https://www.thedncproject.org) that will DNC scrub up to 5k numbers for $35, so pretty cheap. Initially we registered with the FTC to get the DNC lists for the area codes we work in, but found that the CSV files were huge (over 1 million rows for just one of the area codes), far exceeding what you can do in Excel. So the next step was to find a scrubber that we can just upload our skip traced numbers to and get results back. With the Y/N results, we simply created a new tab in our prospect lists in excel and used a VLOOKUP formula to insert the Y/N in a new column next to each number. I'd prefer a option for skip trace with a DNC scrubbing already completed, but the extra 10 minutes  of file prepping is not too bad.

Rich & Jill