• Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
First Rental in Fort Worth area - advise needed

Sheryl Sitman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jun 1 2020, 08:08

I am a Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and surrounding area) investor and just made my first venture into Texas in the 76131 zip with 4 bed 2 bath SFH. Did a total gut rehab inside and the house is quite nice. But after one month, only received one unqualified application. Rent lowered to significantly below what our local partner thought we should get - but to what appears to me, based on comps, to be about right. My questions for the experienced investors in the area:

1. How is this zip doing investment wise and what do you expect appreciation wise?

2. Are you seeing rents reduced this season - due to Corona?

3. Is it possible that the hot rental market was pushed back a bit and that it is just getting started now?

4. Before you say the problem may be the PM, I will say that my impression is that they are doing a good job but maybe I miss something

I will truly appreciate any feedback from the local experts. I have not even been to Texas once! Not sure how concerned to be that this did not fly off the market with all new interior, roof, stainless steel appliances, great layout ... 

Loading replies...