Seattle area appliances

10 Replies | Seattle, Washington

I’m looking to purchase some appliances for my rentals. I prefer to buy them relatively new because I don't want to do a ton of repairs. Normally I would wait until Black Friday Home Depot sales but want to get my rental finished before then. 

Does anyone have a good spot to purchase appliances?

Go see Albert Lee Appliance. They match the box stores and are great people. I own an appliance store in Oregon and they have always been great to work with 

@Nigel Guisinger another thing about Albert Lee that people don’t realize is that during their big sales (warehouse / seafair) you don’t have to actually go to the store to purchase your appliances. I place my orders a few days before the sales and then phone in payment during the sale..get to avoid having to deal with the crowds

Sears generally has the quickest delivery and almost always offers you some coupons for future purchases.

Just don't shop for appliances at Lowes. They can never give an accurate delivery date when you order online.

Sears outlet in kent/tukwila.    They have a lot of appilances that are new floor model and customer/warantee returns, out-of-box, (sometimes big) scratch/dent and that type of thing.    Also one in tacoma.      You can check their inventory online I'm pretty sure.   

Note despite the name they are an independent company to Sears department stores afaik.

I always go Home Depot. Prices are usually the lowest and everything is always in stock. Whirlpool stainless steel. I don't like outlets bc they may not have what you are looking for, could be damaged and thats a lot of wasted time looking and searching. Price will be pretty much the same if you just go to HD to begin with. Everyone price matches if they are brand new same model. 

Originally posted by @Frank Wong :

I always go Home Depot. Prices are usually the lowest and everything is always in stock. Whirlpool stainless steel. I don't like outlets bc they may not have what you are looking for, could be damaged and thats a lot of wasted time looking and searching. Price will be pretty much the same if you just go to HD to begin with. Everyone price matches if they are brand new same model. 

Yes, I usually buy my appliance Black Friday Home Depot. They give incremental discount based on the # of appliances you buy. Its great if you're outfitting multiple units! Lowes also has a new credit card with 5% back(unlike HD). Also considering that.

Originally posted by @Parker Eberhard :

@Nigel Guisinger another thing about Albert Lee that people don’t realize is that during their big sales (warehouse / seafair) you don’t have to actually go to the store to purchase your appliances. I place my orders a few days before the sales and then phone in payment during the sale..get to avoid having to deal with the crowds

Wow that is super helpful! I hate crowds.

I just took a look at their website and they have an "October" sale. Does Albert Lee post the sales prior?  Do you know if they have warehouse sales monthly(or randomly)? In your experience what's the timeline on delivery? 

@Jess Haas   If you purchase at home depot, set up a business account.  Once you spend over a $1000 in a week they can call in for more discounts at the pro desk.  I've heard they do the same thing at Lowes but their weekly spend is $1500 from what I recall.