• Lender
  • San Rafael, CA
Votes |
Robert Kiyosaki Training Program

Behan Salamati
  • Lender
  • San Rafael, CA
Posted Jun 3 2014, 20:43

This is my first post and maybe not the most appropriate way to start participating in the Bigger Pockets community. However, I am a bit frustrated.

Just as a quick background, my paradigm shift occurred when I first read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Along with a few other well timed catalysts, I changed my projected career path from psychotherapy to real estate investment and financial freedom. I began my journey by first becoming a Realtor and started my education here with the Bigger Pockets podcast. Big shout out to Josh and Brandon for all the exceptional work they have done thus far.

Recently, at the office I was listening to music on Pandora and saw a banner for the Rich Dad® Success Workshop which was taking place in my area. My thoughts...'awesome, this guy helped me take charge of my future, lets see what new benefits he can bring to my life.' Did I mention it was a free seminar! Double Awesome!

The one hour seminar that occurred was outright disturbing. As I assumed (free seminar) Mr. Kiyosaki was not in attendance. Instead one of his "most trusted" trainers lead the seminar. During the seminar, he taught just enough about stock day trading (I was under the impression that the seminar would be about money management and RE investment strategies) to put someone at grave financial risk. It also seemed like the majority of the people in attendance were just hungry enough for a little extra money to try out this system and loose whatever finances they still had in their names.

But don't worry comrades! ...there would be a three day seminar the following weekend for the Low Low price of $599 so "we" could learn more about these amazing investment strategies.

After hearing so much on the podcasts about the evils of "gurus", I was outraged and thought it sad and despicable to see the guru method first hand.

I know this maybe a pointless diatribe, but I am a bit angered to see someone so respected by the podcast guests to be taking advantage of so many unwitting individuals for his own gain and in the name of helping people reach financial freedom.

Maybe I am completely wrong and misguided and if so please let me know. Maybe the up sell training really is exemplary and will change peoples lives. I don't know. All I do know is that I was left embittered and grateful for places like this.

Thank you and once again, much respect to Josh and Brandon for all their hard work and this amazing community they have created.

Loading replies...