• Investor
  • Cross Plains, TN
Votes |
Success Path?

Kenneth Norman
  • Investor
  • Cross Plains, TN
Posted Jul 1 2015, 22:22

I am a brand new investor trying to learn the ropes. My long term goal is to have 15-20 rentals for passive income and flip 10-15 houses a year . I have attended a 3 day work shop put on by Success Path which is endorsed by Tarek and Christina El Moussa of the TV Show Flip or Flop. The 3 day workshop was 8 hrs a day and I paid $1799.97 to attend. The workshop was a disappoint to say the least. Many hours were wasted on a sales pitch to entice into continued education that cost $41,297 for Diamond Enrollment, $26,297 for Platinum Enrollment, and $21,297 for Gold enrollment. The red flags went up for me when the instructor gave the first homework assignment to be done during our lunch break was to call our credit card companies and up our credit limits to $25,000  if possible and to also have our interest rates lowered. They provided a book with a script to use. I did not complete the assignment and when asked why I explained to the instructor in (in front of the class) that I did not feel comfortable doing that since I had sat thru 4 hours of sales pitch thus far and had only wrote 2 sentences that I felt I could actually use to buy real estate. Well that sent him into a hour long rant about negativity and how we were thinking like poor people, upping our credit limit would raise our credit score ect ect. I stuck it out the 3 days  to try to gain as much info for my money as possible. Hey you just are not born knowing this stuff. I am a motivated person and business owner that by the way  I was told would not be successful 3 years ago and today it is. As the workshop went on we were seated one on one with a mentor/salesman who tried to sell the continued education. On the last day we sat down and was offered a SECRET(I was told to keep it to myself and not let any of the others know of the offer) scaled down version maybe the Tin Can version instead of Gold for $15,000. I told our salesman that it would have been nice to know about the other option so we could have had time to consider it but since this was a business of negotiation and I was not happy thus far I would take the scaled down version for $5,000 site unseen. He was not pleased and suggested that I go out on my own and try to make deals but I would ultimately FAIL without the continued education. We agreed to disagree. The better points of the plan that I have not mentioned that really had me sold was a magic software called Property Farm which gives an investor inside information as to a data base of home owners 1-3 months behind on their mortgage payments a way to find forecloses in the making or before they happen and are made public and  also a data base of buyers retail and wholesale . The instructor would not let us see the software for very long at all maybe a 1-2 minute example then he would cover the overhead projector up with a book to hide it from the class . Also a investor coach would be made available which both of these points is why I paid for the 3 day workshop to begin with. Since then I have been contacted by Success Path and I explained my disappointment with the workshop and that a refund was in order ect. She asked for a chance for her company to redeem their self and if we could talk about my situation ect. I agreed and after many questions she couldnt answer  was offered the software (previously not available by itself) 1yr  for $2500 or the software with a coach for 1yr for $7500 and the $1799.97 I spent on the 3 day workshop would be applied towards either. I told her I would have to think about it and let her know. I have read several times on Biggerpockets of people paying for seminars and paying what I consider big money . Has anyone heard of the magic software Property Farm. Does anyone have any info about the Success Path Plan. Sorry for the long post and any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...