Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 717 posts · 50 votes
Hello, I am looking to purchase a nice CRM system to incorporate into our business. We do not do any shortsales and it would mainly be for wholesaling/rehabbing. Calendar and contacts are important. Does anyone have recommendations as I know Realeflow is more shortsale focused. Does anyone have real life experience with either or? Thank you for the advice.
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Ed Kalen & Greg P. - The real question comes down to how much business are the two of you doing and how much more business are you planning on doing? Neither one of these are the best CRM's on the market - they just each have been marketed to death to real estate investors and designed for investors to use. But both of them can be clunky and cumbersome, while they each have cool features that you might find really helpful.
I did not like either one of them and eventually chose Salesforce.com as our CRM and it is excellent. But if you are an organized person doing small volume as a start-up, Microsoft office is excellent for what you need. I know it is not as sexy as these other two systems, but I am telling you that unless you are ALL-IN...these two systems are more glitz and glam than real substance.
So if this is your life and you are building a business and investing a lot of money in other areas of marketing, a CRM might be the answer. If you are still trying to build, I would develop my own system first and really explore all of the options for CRM's. IN the end, you might come back to one of these.
One last note. Both of these systems were developed over the last 4 years. We all know that real estate investors have been around and ben VERY successful for a lot longer than the last 4 years, so using solid inexpensive software like Microsoft Office Suite might be the right answer for early on.
Real Estate Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
13y
I am also looking for the same answer as you Greg. Can't seem to find any good posts that explain these two software. Obviously Freedomsoft is obviously more popular than Realeflow, but is it because of marketing or actually the quality of the product. Can someone with considerable amount of experience with either of these products share their experience? I am trying to automate my wholesaling/rehabbing business and really need to know which software will be most beneficial.
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Ed Kalen & Greg P. - The real question comes down to how much business are the two of you doing and how much more business are you planning on doing? Neither one of these are the best CRM's on the market - they just each have been marketed to death to real estate investors and designed for investors to use. But both of them can be clunky and cumbersome, while they each have cool features that you might find really helpful.
I did not like either one of them and eventually chose Salesforce.com as our CRM and it is excellent. But if you are an organized person doing small volume as a start-up, Microsoft office is excellent for what you need. I know it is not as sexy as these other two systems, but I am telling you that unless you are ALL-IN...these two systems are more glitz and glam than real substance.
So if this is your life and you are building a business and investing a lot of money in other areas of marketing, a CRM might be the answer. If you are still trying to build, I would develop my own system first and really explore all of the options for CRM's. IN the end, you might come back to one of these.
One last note. Both of these systems were developed over the last 4 years. We all know that real estate investors have been around and ben VERY successful for a lot longer than the last 4 years, so using solid inexpensive software like Microsoft Office Suite might be the right answer for early on.
Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Every time i post this the moderators delete it thinking I'm advertising. I'm not. Our software is free and you don't have to be a customer. Nothing to buy.
I haven't used anyone else's software so I can't compare however when I hired the programmers I had real estate profits in mind. No BS just a crm to handle transactions.
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y
Michael Quarles - you have to get the customers / users of that site to post the link, otherwise the moderators will consider that link you posted to be self-promotional - even if it answers the OP's inquiry.
Wholesaler · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2009 · 412 posts · 183 votes
13y
For me and the amount of leads and transactions I do, the cost of a real crm software was just a bit to high (I hate monthly payments). Being a programmer I created my own that was modeled after how I do business. But for everyone else who does small to even medium volumn, use excel. You can even learn to use macros in excel to make life easier as well.
I didn't used excel only because I'm not very organized and quickly ended up with dozens of excel files. A more organized person will probably do better then me though.
Real Estate Coach · Charlotte NC · Member since 2008 · 42 posts · 6 votes
13y
My personal opinion ( I am a technology geek, and have been in my prior life before investing the CEO of companies that only dealt with CRM)
If you are planning to use either of those products for lead generation .. you are SUNK.
ZOHO? What?? . Do you want to spend all your time customizing if for real estate ?
Yellowletter.net - Come on... your request for information form is below the fold. Rule number 1 in marketing.. is put this ABOVE the fold. What do you mean - best used in Firefox ? Firefox has 10% market share. I Personally don't believe anything for free is worth it for any business. There is always a catch somewhere. What is it? Its to rope people into sending Yellow Letters. (which I think have a lower response rate to Internet Lead Gen.
Freedomsoft vs Realflow...
1. Both have limited Search Engine Optimization tools,
2. Both use the concept of Squeeze pages before you find out more about them. I personally feel, and also see with REALTORS, the better way to go is to show YOUR VALUE prior to asking for the lead.
3. Analysis tools for tracking your marketing - NONE
I would rate RealFlow higher than FreedomSoft. (thats a toy for someone who really has no internet skill ) RealFlow at least has more CRM then FreedomSoft.
What's the alternative?
I highly recommend taking a look at the Super Smart sites. They were the first in the market, long before both of the others. They continue to update feature / functionality every month. They have so much automation its crazy.
Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2009 · 446 posts · 233 votes
13y
Originally posted by Duncan Wierman:
ZOHO? What?? . Do you want to spend all your time customizing if for real estate ?
I put ZOHO out there under the stereotype that all RE Investors are cheap. I've customized it for my purposes, was fairly quick and easy.
Originally posted by Duncan Wierman:
Yellowletter.net - Come on... your request for information form is below the fold. Rule number 1 in marketing.. is put this ABOVE the fold. What do you mean - best used in Firefox ? Firefox has 10% market share. I Personally don't believe anything for free is worth it for any business. There is always a catch somewhere. What is it? Its to rope people into sending Yellow Letters. (which I think have a lower response rate to Internet Lead Gen.
Its not cool to slam someone's site around here, its not that type of forum. Also,, you are opening up yourself to scrutiny. Specifically, well never mind, you can PM me if you want.
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y
Originally posted by Scott Costello:
I didn't used excel only because I'm not very organized and quickly ended up with dozens of excel files. A more organized person will probably do better then me though.
I had to quote you Scott Costello because I can totally relate! I still think for someone starting out they are much more cost effective than spending money on either of these two programs.
Puyallup, WA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 4 votes
10y
I'm currently on a free trial for realeflow the software and looks very promising but it's so slow and laggy it always freezes on me that I end up logging out and log back in again . I have no issues with the software and what it can do, the only issue I have is it always freezes up which slows me down on what I really need to do which is analyze 5 properties per day and put it on my CRM. Now I'm gonna explore & find other crm like Freedom soft, Rei blackbook Or Podio which i heard was highly customizable and you can even use a cellphone with
I am on the search for a low cost CRM that is easy to set up. I tried Podio and it was anything but easy...for me at least. Could those who use Excel spreadsheets share what fields to include and anything else that would make this work for me as I am not an expert at Excel either but it does look simple compared to all the CRMs I've looked at.
Real Estate Investor · Chapin, SC · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 6 votes
9y
I have REIPro. What are all of your thoughts on this one compared to others you've used. I like the direct mail campaigns you can use to target the lists you built on that software.
Real Estate Investor · Chapin, SC · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 6 votes
9y
@Account Closed I think it works well. Altough, I don't have a benchmark as i've never used anything else. The site is super easy to use. You can generate leads on the site, which is claimed to be gathered from local courts all around the counrty. Once you gather them, you can put them straight into a direct mail campaign right there on the site. They send out postcards. I'm not sure how well postcards work because I've sent about 600 and haven't received any responses. I think you could download your list and go with yellow letters. There is a one month trial so it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. The membership is over 100 dollars after that.
Wholesaler · Columbia, SC · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 28 votes
9y
I had a custom one built for my company but if I was going to purchase one I would recommend REI BLackbook. I met the CEO and lead programmer a couple months ago and it was a really well built program.
I have been interested in it for a while. Every time I am about to pull the trigger, there is some new CRM that I discover. I am very interested in REIPro and am still debating on Realeflow. I need to go one way or the other in the next 2 weeks.
Anyhow, direct mail is a drip campaign and you just got to keep sending post cards and hopefully some leads would be generated. From what I have read, the lead generation rate is usually around 1% and conversion rate is further 1% of that. Based on my theory, 600 postcards aren't going to generate enough leads to close a deal. You should try hitting a minimum of 2000 postcards each month. Also, try PPC if you aren't already doing it. Online conversation rate are always much better than direct mail.