Fortune Builders Jumpstart

8 Replies

I recently attended a FortuneBuilders Seminar and spoke to a coach 1on 1. Originally they wanted us to purchase the Mastery program but it was too expensive. So we were offered the Jumpstart program which is costly as well. Speaking to the coach we’ve opened up 2 Credit cards that gives us a total of $25,800. Now we’re very apprehensive about giving money away especially in this amount. We’re thinking maybe we could use this capital that we for marketing and trying to acquire property. Any suggestions on the route we should take?

@La'Crystal Hicks This is a very personal decision. Most here will say forget it, you can learn it all for free. I say that everyone is different. Require different motivation, different education methods, different goals.

What is your current experience level? What is your end goal? What do you expect to gain from this course?

Personally, if I had to borrow the course cost from credit cards, I wouldnt sign up. To start $25k in the hole before even going forward seems like a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't use real estate to get out of a financial situation, so I would make sure your financial house is secure before jumping into any course or investment.

@Jason D. My husband I were thinking the same thing. Our finances are pretty good. We just don't have 25k to fork over and We're still new to REI so I don't want to get taken advantage of. We were hoping to learn and just to be taken under some one wings and guided, but I think we're going to just continue to self educate and attend meetings and use our money in marketing

@La'Crystal Hicks I think that's a good idea. Real estate investing isnt terribly complicated. It's all about building a network. These courses may speed that process up to some degree, but when you realize that 99% of the people that attend are not going to be successful investors, what did you really gain?

I think it would do you well to join a local REI group, attend some meetings, meet some people, and see where it leads you. This isnt a get rich quick business, so take your time and do it right.

Best of luck!

Originally posted by @La'Crystal Hicks :

@Jason D. My husband I were thinking the same thing. Our finances are pretty good. We just don't have 25k to fork over and We're still new to REI so I don't want to get taken advantage of. We were hoping to learn and just to be taken under some one wings and guided, but I think we're going to just continue to self educate and attend meetings and use our money in marketing

That sounds like the right decision in this case. I love how they "coach" you on opening credit cards or increasing your current credit lines. I'm not against paying for a mentor, but I hate the shady way some people/places go about it.

The fact you need to go into debt just to take advantage of  (or be taken advantage of) is a good sign you don't need to do this.  Your "coach" probably lives in his parents basement and isn't as qualified to offer you quality advise. Hang out here in the forum and get an education.  Research what others here have gone through with so called gurus including Fortune Builders.

@La'Crystal Hicks   Boy, I wouldn't do this.  If you had the 25K in a savings I wouldn't do it.  I don't know what your goals are (flips, buy and holds, etc.) but that money would be better served as a down payment and for holding costs.  There are so many free resources...here on this forum and local real estate investing groups.  They are invaluable.  We were completely new to the real estate investing world and after taking time to educate ourselves, go to meetings, set up one-on-ones with fellow investors, realtors, private and hard money lenders we were able to start picking up properties.  I would hate for you to start out in debt like that.

Disclosure: Owner

La'Crystal,

Nice to meet you. I’m Paul Esajian and I am one of the owners of FB.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about my company or any of our programs. Please feel free to reach out to me personally by messaging me directly through this site. 

You should obviously do what you feel most comfortable with. Regardless of how you decide to educate yourself I would definitely recommend being patient and spending ample amount of time building your educational foundation before you just jump in. People often underestimate the risk involved in real estate investing and how costly it can be to an investor if they make mistakes early on in their investing careers. 

Of course, I am biased as I am one of the owners of the company and I’ve played a big role in the development of our many different educational events, online curriculum, tools and software. 

I would never claim our program is the cheapest or only way to get educated. I am sure many people will recommend trying to piece together information from different places to try and save money and that can work for some people. 

Doing this will definitely be cheaper, but could be a lot slower because in my opinion it's not the most structured way of learning or building a systems dependent business.

What I do know is that we’ve had a lot of success with our real estate investments over the past 16 years. In the past 12 months alone we have also acquired over $200m in residential and commercial assets. 

We've also helped a lot of other people over the last decade get started who have attended our classes through our various programs.

Feel free to contact me directly as my information is at the bottom of this post and I am happy to answer any questions.

Originally posted by @La'Crystal Hicks :

I also paid for the three day seminar (which will be coming up in June) and yes the information they give you in the beginning is very valuable. However, since starting RE, I've learned SO much just by being active in the forums, reaching out to investors, builders, RE Agents, etc. I've heard the 50K Course is mainly if you need your hand held for the investment journey, but I agree with everyone else. If you have 25K to start out with (even on credit), it would just be more worth it to educate yourself for FREE on here and take that knowledge and apply. Reach out to your local REIA and connect with other people on here if you need help. The information is invaluable on BP. Best of luck to you and wish you nothing but the best.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here