The learning Annex Real estate and wealth expo!

15 Replies

Hello, Has anyone gone to The learning Annex Real estate and wealth expo!?. I went to the last one in NY and I must say i did learn a lot of different stuff and it made me more aware of real estate investing. although i must say is more of a sales push over. The best thing i liked from it was Tony Robbins. He's electrifying. A must see live!!. Also has anyone ever tried the james smith course? and the patrick james Tax course?. Thanks

yeah i went to the one in SF this past weekend. Very eye-opening. Tony Robbins was great. Trump was awesome and even got some Rosie digs in. My friend i went with got the Don Burnham course... thats a joke. The cd's you got were basically blank cd's that were cheaply pressed and one didn't even play. I also am wondering if anyone did the James Smith course...

The Trump Expo/Learning Annex is nothing but a giant sales conference. They make TONS of money with it, and all the "Gurus" also make a killing hawking their wares.

Sadly, after returning home and realizing that they got ripped off on all the stuff they bought, most people have no recourse.

If the expo were really a "LEARNING EXPO", then seminars wouldn't end with a sales pitch. Sadly, I don't think even one of the "classes" (otherwise known as pitches) ends without someone trying to sell them something.

Save your money. Go to the library, the bookstore, or come here for free learning.

The Trump Expo/Learning Annex is nothing but a giant sales conference. They make TONS of money with it, and all the "Gurus" also make a killing hawking their wares.

ya that is completely true. what they tell you is exactly what you would read in any real estate book... then for the real meat and potatoes stuff they sell you something. the only real entriguing stuff was from Trump and Robbins... who coincedentaly don't try and sell you anything.

I state that the true benefit from attending large expos such as this is to meet other local investors, private lenders, etc.

See what breakout sessions people are attending. Like if they attend the Commercial courses, and you are investing in commercial RE, then strike up conversations with people in the room. See how you can help each other and benefit from dealing wit others locally.

Originally posted by "4rmgt":
I state that the true benefit from attending large expos such as this is to meet other local investors, private lenders, etc.

I can't agree with you more. I've said it before - networking is the only reason to really go to the Annex expo. You can definitely meet a lot of good people there. Go for the people - not for any "classes" that you plan on learning from.

Originally posted by "equel":
Hello, Has anyone gone to The learning Annex Real estate and wealth expo!?. I went to the last one in NY and I must say i did learn a lot of different stuff and it made me more aware of real estate investing. although i must say is more of a sales push over. The best thing i liked from it was Tony Robbins. He's electrifying. A must see live!!. Also has anyone ever tried the james smith course? and the patrick james Tax course?. Thanks

I think my two favorites were James Smith and Dave Lindahl. But if you keep going to investment clubs and spend maybe $20 and to other guru meetings and keep picking up more knowledge and get business cards and be meeting fellow investors and ask them questions about what do they do and what's their specialty. And why did they choose that specialty. If you don't specialize, I don't think you will succeed, because there is so much to learn. Some of the vendors will offer a money back guarantee after you go to their seminar and decide in the middle of the seminar that you don't like it. But it is very important to NETWORK, NETWORK. Because you can get help from other investors for free.

I thought James Smith was great as well. Definitely the funniest guy there.

I ended up splitting the cost of Robert Shemin's course with my brother (who went with me) and I love it. I'm going through it for the 2nd time now and it's absolutely awesome for a beginner. Probably even good for an experienced RE investor, but I wouldn't know since I'm only a beginner haha.

The only thing that sucks is I found it on ebay for about 1/2 the price when I got home. Oh well though.

The only thing that sucks is I found it on ebay for about 1/2 the price when I got home.

Yep, that's the problem with that kind of guru stuff. I'd say 90% or more of it ever sold is sitting under someone's bed, or in their closet, and eventually will end up on ebay or craigslist!

I've NEVER been to any of the pay seminars, or bought any of the programs, although I've read lots of the books (library) and heard some tapes (let me borrow it for a couple of days to see if I want buy it).

Back in the day when I was still working (I was a sales rep) I would go sometimes to the Zig Ziglar and others "motivational/sales/postivie thinking" day long events. All of us need a bit of a "pump up" from time to time.

The funny thing was that the first time I ever went to a Zig Ziglar my boss (company owner) called me to say he had bought the ticket for me and to set the date aside on my calendar. I told him that I thought the main reason for that kind of carp was to teach me how to blow smoke up my own butt to stay motivated, and that I considered it HIS JOB to motivate me, and that since he now expected me to do his job as well as my own I SHOULD GET A BUMP IN COMMISSION to include however much override he was paying himself on my sales.

all cash

I agree....although I'll definitely get my money's worth out of it so I'm an exception. I've learned SOOOOOO many things that I've never seen talked about in forums or anything, and plus it's awesome just to have it all laid out for you instead of searching for things and going through 1000 posts just to find an answer to something

In that respect, I don't mind paying $500 for something that'll make me 100x more than that in the long run

There's one of these in Philly this weekend. I'll be there tomorrow and depending on how it is, I'll go on Sunday. All of these big "get-togethers" are good because of the networking opportunities and also the chance to see what products are out there. I don't usually buy anything at these type of events, but it's good to know what's out there and then you do your research when you have spare time to see if it's worth it and of course find a cheaper place to buy it.

I'd like to get the course of the guy who talks about taxes, I can't remember his name. He was a great speaker though. Make sure you go see James Allen (I think that's his name) too, he was the best in my opinion - but it was like $5,000 for his course lol...great speaker though

Shemin was good, Kiyosaki was good but kind of bland

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here