Votes
Anurag Kumar
  • Rockville, MD
Votes |
Newbie looking for suggestions

Anurag Kumar
  • Rockville, MD
Posted Jan 10 2018, 14:22

Hey guys! I am new to BP and a newbie in REI in general and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some feedback on my starting strategy. I work in Georgetown and rent in Rockville for the past two years. Evidently, the first order of business for me is to buy a property to live in as soon as possible without wasting any more money on rent.

I want to buy something in a nice stable neighborhood that would cash flow if I move out in say, 5 years or sooner.

After spending the past few months studying MLS listings in the DC area, analyzing properties and talking to local lenders, I know I am able to enter the market at the lower end of the market, even if that restricts my choices. I am married, so the typical house hacking route is not an option.

Based on what I have seen, the only feasible option to me seems like to buy a condo in a nice neighborhood for the lowest price possible (<200K) to keep the financial footprint of my personal residence the lowest so that I can save up all the more quickly for my next property.

Any suggestions on my general strategy, neighborhoods to consider, and any agent recommendations are most appreciated!

Thanks,

Anurag

Loading replies...