Hello, Upstate New York!

15 Replies

Hey Upstate NY!

I'd like this post to serve as an introduction to the folks in Upstate New York here on BP. I'd love to network with any agents, investors, wholesalers, or anyone else who likes to talk shop. 

I am looking for my first deal, but I have spent my entire career working in real estate investments. I started off doing acquisitions for a small investment shop in Boston, and then continued my career in commercial real estate debt and equity placement (a fancy name for commercial mortgage brokerage and equity finance). I recently transitioned into the technology world, where I work for a firm that provides software solutions for real estate investors.

Recently, my fiancee and I began direct mail to a few neighborhoods in Albany with the goal of finding a multifamily house hacking opportunity. Beyond the owner occupant multi, we are looking for a few small multifamily properties to acquire in the short term. 

If you've read this entire post to this point, I sincerely appreciate it and invite you to reply or PM me and introduce yourself. Again, I'd love to connect with any investors, agents, wholesalers, property managers, contractors, or anyone else in the real estate business who wants to talk shop and uncover ways we may be able to do some business together!

Hey Matt! I'm a commercial agent in Binghamton and Ithaca, specializing in residential multifamily and student rentals. I'll connect here and shoot you a PM, but wanted to say hello in the forums too.

@Nick Rutkowski is also an agent who works in Cortland and Syracuse and is a house hacker himself.

@Christopher Stanis runs the Southern Tier REI and is a fantastic resource.

@Gary Kline is an attorney with CG Law in Binghamton, and I highly recommend him to my clients.

Let me know if I can ever help you out! :)

@Matt Whitermore we are at mortgage company out in New Jersey we would love to talk business argue any advice if you ever need it feel free to drop me an email or give me a call

Originally posted by @Michael Corso :

@Matt Whitermore we are at mortgage company out in New Jersey we would love to talk business argue any advice if you ever need it feel free to drop me an email or give me a call

Thanks! Will do!

Originally posted by @Craig Garrow :

@Matt Whitermore Hey Matt! I’m a Real Estate Broker & Property Manager up in Malone, NY!

Would love to connect with everyone up North!

Very cool! Thanks for reaching out.

Originally posted by @Stephanie Jacobson :

Hey Matt! I'm a commercial agent in Binghamton and Ithaca, specializing in residential multifamily and student rentals. I'll connect here and shoot you a PM, but wanted to say hello in the forums too.

@Nick Rutkowski is also an agent who works in Cortland and Syracuse and is a house hacker himself.

@Christopher Stanis runs the Southern Tier REI and is a fantastic resource.

@Gary Kline is an attorney with CG Law in Binghamton, and I highly recommend him to my clients.

Let me know if I can ever help you out! :)

Thanks for the reply and the recommendations! Just sent you a message.

Welcome Matt! Are you just interested in Albany or looking all around the capital region? There are a few local REI meetings that would be a great place to network.

Originally posted by @Nick Leboeuf :

Welcome Matt! Are you just interested in Albany or looking all around the capital region? There are a few local REI meetings that would be a great place to network.

Thanks, Nick! I think we are pretty set on Albany for the owner occupant multi that we are looking for, but are looking at the entire Capital Region for other investments.

Originally posted by @Michael Christopher Clark :

@Matt Whitermore

Hey! Count me in. I am new to BP.

Looking to wholesale in the Hudson Valley area. My mother-in-law is in Liberty NY with some house issues of her own.

Will be need of connections RE connections in the Area.

Thanks for the reply! Shooting you a message now to connect.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here