• Pensacola, FL
Votes |
Collecting Data on Specific Neighborhoods/Towns

Mark Manship
  • Realtor
  • Pensacola, FL
Posted Sep 19 2016, 06:10

Good morning BP!

As part of a recent house-hunt, I started a small excel sheet to help determine the current pp/sqft in various areas that we were interested in. This ended up turning into a project which I have devoted a considerable amount of hours to in order to capture trend data for a few neighborhoods that I'm interested in investing in. Unfortunately, I've now realized the sheer number of man hours that my desired outputs will require, and am wondering if anyone knows of a site/product/etc. that generates some or all of the following data for a specific neighborhood/area within a city:

- Price per square foot as a function of time (average over the past month, 3-month, year, 5-year...)

- Average square footage, # bedrooms, # of baths for current property list

- Distribution of property types (single family home, apartment, townhouse, condo)

- Average age of homes

- % or # breakdown of sold properties by month for a calendar year (i.e. for 2016: 12% sold in Jan, 5% in Feb, 20% in Mar...)

I know that sites like Zillow and Trulia can provide some trend data, but I'm looking for something a little more specialized.

Any thoughts?

Loading replies...