Google Plus

42 Replies

I've been playing with Google Plus + for about a week now, and I have to say that in my opinion, it takes the best of Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and brings it together in one well-thought out, brilliantly executed general social network. I've found many of the new concepts on + to be fantastic and look forward to exploring it with my fellow BiggerPockets friends.

Lets use this thread to discuss the features, how best to use it, etc.

Of course, if you're on the site already, please look me up and connect with me.

BTW - If anyone knows of a good way to record a hangout (video conference with up to 10 people), let me know . . . I see the implications for hangouts to be pretty exciting.

I'm looking forward to the site opening up to the masses I was too late signing up and the doors were closed!

Looks like the next big thing in Social media...

Cant wait to get in...

Am I supposed to get an email or something Josh? I am happy to plug BP if I can figure out how to join.

I invited you using the email addy in your forum signature, Bryan. You should have gotten an email from Google.

Yeah...it didn't send me one. I think they are capping who can join now based on what I see when I go there. Here is a screenshot:

So is a plus 1 from Google similar to a like from Facebook??

Some of my other real estate broker friends I have been adding plus 1 to their websites.

I might eventually have someone full time doing nothing but all this tech stuff for me.

I just had a dinner party with a good friend in attendance who works for google and he was ranting and raving about it...but then made fun of me because I still use AOL. He said he could only send out 10 invites as an employee and my SO got one but he isn't the social networking type. After hearing all the hype I'll be interested to see how it all works! Happy networking :)

I just had a dinner party with a good friend in attendance who works for google and he was ranting and raving about it...but then made fun of me because I still use AOL. He said he could only send out 10 invites as an employee and my SO got one but he isn't the social networking type. After hearing all the hype I'll be interested to see how it all works! Happy networking :)

I really like Google Plus a lot so far, a lot better than I like Facebook. I think the Circles feature is brilliant. I cannot wait until more people have access and I can try out some of the other features.

Originally posted by Mark Claire Updegraff:
Also need an invite. Read this before posting pictures:
http://agentgenius.com/real-estate-technology-new-media/you-better-read-googles-terms-of-service-before-uploading-photos-to-google/

That person's opinion seems a bit reactionary to me. A social network needs to protect its right to display/share things that people post, in a reasonable manner.

Here is another analysis of the google+ terms:
http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2011/07/08/how-i-evaluate-terms-of-service-for-social-media-web-sites-google/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jmg-galleries+%28JMG-Galleries%29

James, the video I could see of google+ looks cool, and I'm looking forward to being able to try it out (need an invitation, though).

Guys - I'm happy to invite people, but I'm not going to use my invites for people who aren't active, vested members of the BP community. I'm getting slammed by requests - so, if you want me to shoot you one, please engage and get active in the community.

Thanks!

Has anyone used an invite Josh sent to actually be able to log in? I think the system is closed to new folks now.