Marcus Marsall
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
BRRRR Northern California Advice

Marcus Marsall
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Feb 20 2023, 20:53

Hello everyone,

I am a real estate investor based in Northern California, and I'm seeking advice and mentorship on employing the BRRRR investment strategy in Northern CA. I have some experience in real estate investing, having purchased a duplex in the Bay Area as a house hack... now we have invested in a property in Sonoma that we currently occupy. Life has moved fast and I now have two kids which has lead to my wife and I looking to pivot with our original FHA/house hacking plan.

We've purchased our properties over the last 18 months with little money down. I don't see anything we can leverage with our current properties, and our remaining cash is for reserves. I'm now looking to learn how to purchase properties using hard money or seller financing, and I'm wondering what needs to be in place to make that happen. I'm also curious about which specific cities in Northern California are good for BRRRR investing, and where I should focus my research. I've heard both sides of the coin regarding BRRRR in Northern CA and really just looking to network, discuss and really just take our first couple of steps towards action. I'm looking to figure out ways to make this work close to home (wine country).

Would love to hear any insights from the community. I'm hoping this post gets decent traction. I love my state, and really want ot stay close to home. Of course, if there are others out there reading this, please feel free to interact with your thoughts and expereinces. If you have experience with BRRRR investing, especially in Northern California; any connections/references for those who can be considered for the BRRRR team; or even you yourself being interested in talking regarding these goals... Please let me know!

Loading replies...