Recommendations for Real Estate Agent in Bay Area

13 Replies

Hi all

Does any one have a recommendation for a reputable and knowledgeable Real Estate agent in the Bay Area? Preferably East Bay?

I wrote down my short, mid, and long term real estate goals yesterday (!) and my 2015 goal is to buy a duplex, triplex, or 4plex in East Bay (I know I have to narrow that location down) by year end, so I figure talking to an agent is a good next step!

Thank you kindly.

Jessica

@David C.  , you know the East Bay well. Might want to take on this lead. :0)

Jessica, happy hunting. Good luck. 

Thanks @Minh Le  .  I will do what I can.

Hi @Jessica Skupien   please PM me on what you need, I am more than happy to share what I know.  More importantly, you should talk a loan agent to figure out the financing first, sometime borrowers might need to do a re-score to get the best rate or higher loan limit.  That's a big piece of your puzzle and might take few weeks to do.

If I was in your situation, I would go visit open houses for a few weeks, talk to the listing agents & neighbors.  Neighbors can reveal lots of info about the area, that would help you narrow down the location.  It might be hard for a buyer agent to spend so much time exclusive with you in the beginning. 

Do remember one thing, real estate agents are here to convey/explain facts to you, and give you options/opinions.  At the end, you are still the decision maker and ultimately responsible for your decision, so take your time to analyze where and what you want to buy first.

Talking about duplex & triplex, I really love the duplex @Sam McClellan bought in Oakland few months ago.  @J. Martin  hosted the meetup there.

I know a great E Bay broker from Oakland that understands the investor market and needs really well.  Please email me at [email protected], and I will share the contact information.

Mark

Hello @Jessica Skupien  ,

I'm a Top Producing Realtor with BHG/Mason-McDuffie. I work with numerous investors & am an investor myself. I come to J. Martin's MeetUps as often as I can, so know some of the members. I am intimately familiar with the East Bay market (born & raised in Berkeley; Oakland homeowner since 1981; own rental ppty in Oakland & out of state).

My opinions & approach differ in some significant ways from David's (e.g. I do not recommend relying on Open Houses to seach the available inventory & my view of your Realtor's role is much, much broader, but I'd be more than happy to discuss in detail with you anytime. I do agree with him about getting preapproved right away, but your choice of lender is very, very important (read THIS).

I would also like to invite you to visit MY WEBSITE to learn more about me, conduct MLS-direct property search, & access a variety of valuable resources. Also, be sure to check out my glowing Zillow Reviews, too!

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Originally posted by @Jessica Skupien :

Hi all

Does any one have a recommendation for a reputable and knowledgeable Real Estate agent in the Bay Area? Preferably East Bay?

I wrote down my short, mid, and long term real estate goals yesterday (!) and my 2015 goal is to buy a duplex, triplex, or 4plex in East Bay (I know I have to narrow that location down) by year end, so I figure talking to an agent is a good next step!

Thank you kindly.

Jessica

Hello Jessica,

Getting Pre-approved is very important as it will let you know what your buying power is. Find a really great loan officer who knows how to structure files right the first time. This will eliminate unnecessary waiting time.

I hope this helps and have a great day Jessica.

Originally posted by @Jessica Skupien :

thanks for the insight, @Shaun Weeks fortunately, we already are pre-approved for the full amount of the VA Loan in the Bay Area.

@Jeff Weissman  I'll send you a PM. thank you!

Excellent.  Take care and good luck :)

@Jessica Skupien  if none of the above guys workout for you, PM me and I will introduce you to my guy in Oakland. He helped me find my recent deal and is very in tune with investor needs.

@Jessica Skupien  How has your plan been working out so far? I'll be PCS' to Travis AFB in SEP and am in a very similar situation. I'm trying to get a head start now. Did you end up finding a good REA for the area? If so shoot me a reference. Any tips or references is appreciated! 

@Jessica Skupien did you find an agent you liked? We are looking to invest in the east bay and have been looking for an agent there as well. 

@Jill Rio if you are still in the market, I would ask @Heather Hopkins very knowledgable on the east bay and very investor friendly...I may be biased as she is my wife, but we invest in the East Bay and she is the lead on all acquisitions! ;)

Hey @Jill Rio ! I work mostly in the 680 corridor, I can give you tips on best places to start looking depending on your goals and am happy to let you pick my brain. I work with a lot of investors and am currently working with a couple of other BP members as we speak :) 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.