Any Investors Near Oxford Ohio

4 Replies

I am looking for some local insight into the college town of Oxford Ohio.  Please let me know if you are familiar with the area.

Thanks

@Jeff Greenberg  

I hope you are doing well.  I am very familiar with the area.  I grew up about 20-25 mins away from the campus.  Are you looking at a deal in the marketplace?  

No, is there one on the marketplace.  I am not sure where my assistant found the property I am looking at.  It is a student housing property.  So what to you think of the oxford area.

@Jeff Greenberg  

Great demand generator with a student body which almost entirely lives on or near campus (somewhat out there for a commute).  It's actually a really good school & attracts well educated talent from across the midwest & country (with a decent affluent base).  However the university has changed the dynamics of the student housing industry by requiring 1st & 2nd year students to live on campus (started it around 2008-09 if I remember correctly).  I think the off campus housing took a hit & went through a mini-correction.  However past 2-3 year performance should be indicative of the current environment.  I might be interested in the deal as well.  Feel free to shoot me a call to discuss. 

If you are still looking in three years I know of two house on the same property that will be for sale

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.