Friendly Realtor

6 Replies

Im getting  ready to close on my first deal, and i ran into a problem that im looking for some good advice. the lady said i need to be working trough a Realtor because they dont work with Wholesalers head on. So any friendly Realtor in the DFW area

Say what?  They won't deal with a cash buyer with no contingencies 'head on'?  I guess what you need is a knowledgeable realtor.  They're all 'friendly'.  Like a friendly car salesman, right?  Get a shark who knows what they are doing!

@ Jaleen Anderson, I assume you're the wholesaler. 

the lady said i need to be working trough a Realtor because they dont work with Wholesalers head on. So any friendly Realtor in the DFW area

If the lady you're referring to is the buyer you need to tell her that the price of the property will increase if she want's you to use a realtor for the sale as the realtor will want a commission.  If you're margins a large enough then no big deal, but if they aren't then the commission will eat in to your profit.

Do you have the property under control via an option contract?

We use to buy deals thru wholesalers in DFW.  Never had an agent involved in any deals.

@Crystal Smith  Do you still work buy houses? and I was a buyer, they were selling. I'm guessing it was just that company.

We're not currently buying in DFW.  

Let me see if I understand this.  You're the buyer and they will only deal w/ you if you have a realtor?  Are you the buyer or are you representing the potential buyer (i.e. you're the wholesaler.)  How did you find the property?  

Sounds like the seller just wanted you to go away.

If you cannot close on the property with your own funds then really you are not a true buyer. People locking up property to sell to make a fee but have no ability to actually buy are not buyers.

I have no clue what your capabilities are just speaking in generalities.

Were you trying to lock this up for a low junk fee or putting thousands non-refundable down if it doesn't close. Generally if you have substantial non-refundable money to give then the sellers could care less who you are. 

I am sure you will find plenty, look at zillow.