• Laveen, AZ
Votes |
Direct Mail Campaign Advice in Phoenix

Jason Robles
  • Laveen, AZ
Posted Aug 31 2016, 01:53

Hello BP family

Need your advice...

So 2 weeks ago I took the plunge and started my first direct mail campaign in Phoenix. I've networked with a few investors in town and pretty much explained to them I would be there bird dog as long as they walk me through my first few deals. I decided that being a wholesaler would be the lowest cost option of getting into realestate. I listened to every podcast and did as much research on BP as possible. So her is what I did. 

I purchased a mailing list from List Source in parts of town I grew up in which is the southwest area of the valley. About 1350 addresses that had the following criteria 45+ years old, 40 to 100 percent equity, SFR, owner and absentee occupied, and was purchased no earlier then 3 years prior. The list was about $220. The criteria came from a gentlemen that was having much success in another part of the country. Listened to him on a podcast but forgot which one.

Next I hired PatLive to answer and screen all phone calls for me. Which for the money I'm investing I feel it's worth having someone answer the phone 24/7. It's pretty reasonable also I started with the $90/month plan. And since I work pretty much every day I really need to make sure calls are answered or I would do myself.

Next I purchased postcards from local vendor in town Flyers Direct. They were pretty reasonable compared to Post Card Mania which is an awesome company but found the same product for cheaper and locally. I researched the design and did simple yellow postcards with phone number email address and website. The postcards where about $800 for 5000 but included the first mailing postage. So it's enough to send out 3 times which I plan on doing 6 times and on a monthly basis.

Next I had a lead capturing website made with logo design. It's www.offeruphomebuyers.com. sleek website but obviously no traffic which I'm ok with since I just wanted to have a web presence in case anyone asks.

The first set of mailers (1350) went out 2 weeks ago and I have only recieved one call and that was to remove them from the mailing list. I'm going to stick with it and continue mailing every month for 6 months. 

Is there any advice you can give me that may help me out?

Is there a reason people aren't calling yet?

Do you think the Phoenix market is to saturated to find deals with direct mail marketing?

Please help any advice will be greatly appreciated as well as I will let you guys know as soon as I find first deal.

Loading replies...