[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal (My First)

[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal (My First)

Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

This will be a house hack at first till I can save enough up to move out. These numbers are based on once I move out. Nj is hard to get a good spread without buying a mess and Reno-ing it to make numbers work well. Is this something that makes some sense or should I not even waste my time.

0Reply
16 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · La Vernia, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 865 votes
    8y

    Howdy @Garry DeFilippis

    Your expenses are missing insurance and PMI. These two combined will probably eliminate any positive cash flow. Your PM is low at 3%. It should be 10%. Is the property in top condition? I would increase your CapEx and Maintenance.

    Do not forget to include Closing costs.

  • Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    HI john thanks for your speedy response! The property is newly renovated pretty  much all around.

    New floors, kitchens, bathrooms, paint and trim, 2 carrier ac units, new furnace, 2 water heaters, split electric and gas.

    Natural gas, pub water and sewer.

    I will be wrapping closing costs into the mortgage.

    Ideally, this will be my first home so I will be using this for initially a house Hack, but planning on adding 1 master sweet with walk in closet and bathroom over the empty space above the garage.

    I was just toying with the numbers to see when we move out if this will make money monthly.

  • Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    So my question is people have said on the podcasts that if you can achieve 1% its a cash flowing property so id need $3450 a month if they accepted that offer.

    Do any of you agree with 1%?

  • Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Leavelle:

    Howdy @Garry DeFilippis

    Your expenses are missing insurance and PMI. These two combined will probably eliminate any positive cash flow. Your PM is low at 3%. It should be 10%. Is the property in top condition? I would increase your CapEx and Maintenance.

    Do not forget to include Closing costs.

    Also to add All new windows as well

  • Investor · La Vernia, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 865 votes
    8y

    @Garry DeFilippis

    In my area I will not look at any property that doesn’t at least meet the 1% rule.  That might not always be possible in all markets.  You need to find out what is common in your area.

  • Investor · Ledgewood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Leavelle:

    @Garry DeFilippis

    In my area I will not look at any property that doesn’t at least meet the 1% rule.  That might not always be possible in all markets.  You need to find out what is common in your area.

    I greatly appreciate your insight John God bless! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.