Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 242 votes
Just closed on my first SFH 2 weeks ago and I am AMPED to have finally defeated paralysis analysis and joined the club. Quitclaim deed has been initiated and the property is officially in the LLC's name. Let the fun begin! Here are the dirty details:
Purchase price: $112,502
25% down
3.375% int rate (paid ~ $1,500 in points)
3 bed 2 full bath with 4th
non-conforming bed in the basement
Detached garage and carport
Property taxes $1,127
Insurance $1,050
Property management 5%
Rent $1,250
Vacancy rate 5%
Maintenance and repairs 6%
Oh **** fund 5%
Cash flow $421/month
My main issue going forward (like many fellow investors) is having enough capital to purchase more properties. I am able to find great (> 1% on the 1% rule) properties but I don't want to wait 6 months to save up enough cash. Time to get the BP book on no and low money down and also find some partners!
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y
@Nicholas Sheridan, Jr. in light of your post, we are going to officially relabel the “capex reserve” in our calculators the “oh sh** fund”. This is far more intuitive.
Congratulations on what seems like a great first step!
Melrose, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 12 votes
6y
@Nicholas Sheridan, Jr. WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! What an achievement Nicolas!!! Moving beyond analysis paralysis is in itself a prize, and to come out on the other side as you have... I’m fairly certain the feelings you feel (and have earned) in this moment are going to be ones you’ll achieve over and over... ever evolving. I suspect your finding partners is not going to be a hiccup for long. Congratulations ... well done ~
Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 7 votes
6y
@Nicholas Sheridan, Jr.
Awesome! I'm in the process of starting out and I love reading recent success stories for motivation. My jealousy pushes me to keep going. I lived most my life in Colorado, and I'm guessing with the cost of the property you bought it out of state?
Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 242 votes
6y
@Matthew Schlottman thanks matt! Yes, in my opinion Denver and even an hour north or south is just ridiculously overpriced. I am not going to buy a $450k duplex built in 1905 that rents for $1200 each side. Purchased in KC. The market is getting very competitive there but there are still good deals if you know where to look
Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 242 votes
6y
@William Walker Paying them 5%. Yes they are definitely cheaper than the 8-10% on average I found with everyone else. They have a large number of properties that they manage and therefore can sustain with the lower rate.
@Joseph M'Mwirichia Absolutely! 100 doors by the end of 2025 is the goal - and it will be met
Well then my friend, how about 1st to 💯 gets a steak dinner? My near future driver is 50 doors in 12-18 months. 100 is a much sweeter number, so let's just tack on the other 50 by EOY 2025! #ironsharpensiron
Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 181 posts · 242 votes
6y
Property taxes and insurance are per year - the rest are monthly. I am not going to send my spreadsheet but the rent which is $1,250 minus all expenses that I listed comes to $421/month.